WTB 48" Metal Halide + T5 + LED Moonlight fixture

Looking for a specific combination 48" light fixture for my 90g, not a retrofit option as I have no canopy. I know I can buy one new off ebay but wondering if any members have one lying around that they can let go of. This fixture is 4 feet long, usually comes with either 150w or 250 watt MH bulbs, 4 t5's and 4-6 leds. I am in Broomfield but will travel a bit for it.

View attachment 18839
Thanks!

If you have a similar 48" fixture to the above that has the metal halide + t5, let me know - hamilton cebu, etc. It doesn't have to look just like the one I added the image for

kchristensen8064

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you have a similar 48" fixture to the above that has the metal halide + t5, let me know - hamilton cebu, etc. It doesn't have to look just like the one I added the image for
I have one in the garage. I acquired it at some point and have no clue if it works, but I could get it out of the garage and see if it works okay. And get you some more info on it.

Found one earlier tonight. Thank you!

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The one that you pictured is an Odyssea or the like - Chinese Knockoff. They are not great quality and do not perform as well as others. See if you can find a 48' AquaMedic - AquaMedic is in Loveland and before they lost their minds, they used to sell good equipment and be helpful and stuff and there are usually some floating around the area if you look hard enough. The AquaMedic is not even on the same level of quality as the China knockoff is... infinitely better if you can find one.

If you got a knock off, then at least change the bulbs - this will help some.

Ended up with a coralife aqualight with halides and pc's to get me by. Great advice, btw, and I ordered new Phoenix bulbs and PC bulbs immediately. My corals are already looking better than under my old light. It'll get me by but I'm sticking with halides going forward

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Keep an eye out for a Ocean Light or the like. You can find them pretty cheap every once in a while so jump when you can. The ballasts are usually real m80 and the t5s have workhorse, I think.

Thank you! Will do. The best success I've had with a reef tank was t5 plus 250 halides, so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Thank you! Will do. The best success I've had with a reef tank was t5 plus 250 halides, so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled
If you can’t find a different fixture you could just use the fixture and upgrade the bulbs and halide ballast. I have a couple quality halide ballasts in the garage I’ve been hoarding... willing to share if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ps, I run halide along with led for the color pop (for me not the coral) and love the combo. I get amazing growth! Everyone who questions the halides changes their minds when they see the size of my acro.

Ps, I run halide along with led for the color pop (for me not the coral) and love the combo. I get amazing growth! Everyone who questions the halides changes their minds when they see the size of my acro.

I believe it!

I have one in the garage. I acquired it at some point and have no clue if it works, but I could get it out of the garage and see if it works okay. And get you some more info on it.
Do you know what types of bulbs it takes? I made the mistake of buying one with square pin power compacts and replacing them is impossible