zatch's 18g Zoa Garden and 68g LPS AIOs

zatch

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys, this is a build thread for my two custom AIOs I built for my apartment (mostly in pics)

Last edited by a moderator:

zatch

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zoa Garden is a custom built Advanced Acrylics AIO 18g.
Dims: 20x16x14", 4" chamber, Eurobraced 1/2 Acrylic

zatch

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Encrusting LPS is a custom built Advanced Acrylics AIO 68g.
Dims: 30x26x20" (60% larger than my 18g), 6" chamber, Eurobraced 3/4 Acrylic

zatch

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Couple pics of the tanks with custom T-Slot stands I built for them. The 18g is made from 2020 T-Slot while I used 3030 for the 68g.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Love those stands and tanks. Those are pretty sexy

Thomas Doty

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you need some help navigating what you need don’t hesitate to ask!
Right on! I have a current wood stand I was gonna use, but the top is like 3" too narrow. Im deciding weather I want to put a new plywood top and give it a lip, or make an aluminum that is flush with the tank. Did your small stand cost around $200 or less for materials?

apex_seeking

Cleaner Shrimp
If you need some help navigating what you need don’t hesitate to ask!
I am in the process of fabbing up an aluminum frame and planned on welding it up, however, I was interested in pricing out the extruded build for a price point comparison.

That website is confusing. I keep seeing $1.50 no matter how long of a piece I put in the cart. Do you have any actual pricing you could share?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

zatch

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Right on! I have a current wood stand I was gonna use, but the top is like 3" too narrow. Im deciding weather I want to put a new plywood top and give it a lip, or make an aluminum that is flush with the tank. Did your small stand cost around $200 or less for materials?
Yeah a basic small stand would prob run around $200, this one cost quite a bit more because of all the extra brackets and acrylic involved in the shelving

zatch

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am in the process of fabbing up an aluminum frame and planned on welding it up, however, I was interested in pricing out the extruded build for a price point comparison.

That website is confusing. I keep seeing $1.50 no matter how long of a piece I put in the cart. Do you have any actual pricing you could share?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado
yeah not a great website

basically they sell it by the piece, you can purchase or you can buy a 10pk of 1 meter rails for a discount. All my stands haven't needed over 1000mm so the bulk pack works well for me.

https://www.zyltech.com/10-pack-zyltech-2020-aluminum-extrusion-10x-1m/
https://www.zyltech.com/store/p243/...rusion_-_Pre-cut_length_1000mm_or_1200mm.html

They'll also cut the rails for like $1.50 per cut, you just give them a list and they'll take it from the 10pk or whatever rails you order

https://www.zyltech.com/aluminum-extrusion-custom-cut-service/