my maxi mini propagation journey

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I had read that you could just chop your maxi in two and walla you now have 2. So here is a few pics of it and ill keep this updated on the recovery. But within 15 min they were already closin.g up and attached to the basket

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here they are this morning. Feeder tenticals extended and the centers are almost closed up. And wicked I hope they dont die lol although i knew going in it was a possiblity

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
good luck with the healing. the cut looked pretty jagged on that one end, did you use a new scalple?

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea well I used I brand new filet knife. And it was not easy to cut. The last bit is top flesh I think not foot. We will see how it goes

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks so far there looking healthy and happy well as happy as one can be after getting cut in half

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice! Looks like there going to make it!

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hope so. And I tried to get pictures of the cuts and they are firmly attached to the plastic mesh.....do you guys think it will try to heal through the mesh? That could be a potential problem lol

Tyson... this picture is much better than that last one you sent me. A TON more pink than I thought. I'd actually be interested in buying one after it heals up and grows back.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here they are today one has attached to a frag plug and the other is on the mesh. But I cant see the cut anymore.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
tlsrcs;170982 said:
Here they are today one has attached to a frag plug and the other is on the mesh. But I cant see the cut anymore.
WOW, that's crazy! Great job on getting them to split and heal up.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I noticed today that the pink is gone. I hope it comes back.....I think it will its mouth is pink so its healing