new web design. what do you guys think?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I think it’s off to a good start. I think including some pictures of the the tanks you are currently maintaining and have maintained in the past would help on that side.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

Angelo

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks great! Just wanted to mention something that bothers me with other sites that I've been to. I've had huge ad pop-ups that are bigger than my phone screen. Some are more of a pain to navigate out of than others. Might sound petty, but I'll avoid sites like that.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Up front, design matters about 1% to me and what is on the site matters the rest. If there is no listed stock (or just a few items), or everything is out of stock, then I quit coming back. "Check back soon" means that I will likely never be back. I don't even care if the photos are awesome, but I don't want them to be all greasy either. The online vendors who keep their websites fresh and clean usually can handle the other details as well.

I also like examples of people's work. It is like a resume in a world where everybody has a few frags for sale.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I work in web development, and have seen a million sites, good and bad. You site is off to a great start. Love the newer logo, and the brighter look is much better, and easier to read, then the old darker one.

I would ask what are using to publish/unpublish content to the site? And how easy is it to publish content to the site? Because that has the biggest impact on you being able to maintain a fresh and up to date inventory. Just like our tanks, if its hard to do, the less likely you are to do it, so hopefully its very easy to upload a pic, and publish the item to the store within a few minutes max.

JDA hits on some good key points for any site that sells, and content is really the key. No one cares about big fancy pictures, they came to look a see what is for sale, and buy it if they like it.
- The more content the better
- Content should always be fresh and updated frequently
- Don't leave placeholders, or out-of stock item listed. Although out of stock item, you want to save those in the backend so you can easily update and reuse in the future
- The maintenance page should be a defined list of all the services you offer and it should include a portfolio of sorts. A gallery with pictures, or videos of tanks you built, or maintain, would work fine

Ambrosio Aquatics

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Looks great! Just wanted to mention something that bothers me with other sites that I've been to. I've had huge ad pop-ups that are bigger than my phone screen. Some are more of a pain to navigate out of than others. Might sound petty, but I'll avoid sites like that.
was there pop ups on my site? if so i def don't want any pop ups and will need to address that