Looking for Peristaltic ATO pump

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Trying to find a good high flow rate peristaltic pump for ATO on my new tank. I use a Litermeter3 Remote pump module on my current tank that works great.

Does anybody have something lying around that they want to get rid of or have any recommendations on other ones that are reliable? The others that seem to pop up are the avast diaphragm and the BRS 50ml/min, but I keep hearing that the BRS ones tend to wear out after a year or so.

Sent from my SM-G986U using MASC mobile app

NDaquarist

Cleaner Shrimp
Hey zombie, have you thought of buying a "replacement" tunze ATO pump and hooking it up to the appropriate power supply?

I just did this for my tank and it works like a dream. I was sick of toms aqua lifters or other peristaltic pumps breaking or not having a high enough flow rate. I have it switching on/off with a float switch and apex breakout box. Super easy set up and pushes A LOT of water (too much for my tank probably but I well).

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey zombie, have you thought of buying a "replacement" tunze ATO pump and hooking it up to the appropriate power supply?

I just did this for my tank and it works like a dream. I was sick of toms aqua lifters or other peristaltic pumps breaking or not having a high enough flow rate. I have it switching on/off with a float switch and apex breakout box. Super easy set up and pushes A LOT of water (too much for my tank probably but I well).
Tunze doesn't have enough head pressure. I need to pump it along a total of 30 feet of tubing with 12 feet of elevation head.

I also want something that will suck rather than pump so that it won't spray water in my walls if the tubing ever develops a crack.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would say apex dos
It would work wonderfully and I have one already for the AWC for this system, but since I have no plans on coral in this tank, it would basically be $170ish used or $330 new just for an ATO pump. Too pricey for that purpose.

If I was planning on dosing 2 part plus magnesium, might be worthwhile since there is an unused head anyway.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do a kraemor then that’s what I use on my calcium reactor it’s been running non stop for almost two years at 30 mil

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member