Photos taken at Aquatic Art

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here are some photos I took at Aquatic Art. Tell me what you think.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nikon DX 18-55mm

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am experimenting right now. Once I have perfected it, I will be uploading the corals to Aquatic Arts website for sale. These corals are currently for sale in store. Call Cris for details.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Basic question - do you have some kind of lens housing that allows you to stick the lens in the water? These photos are great.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use a box similar to what you see at LFS for top down viewing of tanks. It can not be submerged more than a couple of inches below the surface. I think it would be great to have an underwater housing but those are super expensive.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kind of like that one, but I can manually focus with the one I am using.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;266992 said:
Kind of like that one, but I can manually focus with the one I am using.
I have the avast one and like it. You can manually focus with it by placing the set screws on the focusing ring and rotating the porthole to turn the ring.

Let me know if you want to try it out one day and I can bring it to Cris' shop. Great pics!

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I filled in the background in photoshop. I was wondering what people think about doing that as opposed to leaving in the egg crate. Personally I like it better with the black background but I can see why some may be weary of seeing an image that has been photoshopped.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Jahmic. I may take you up on the offer. We will be setting up a photo area to take the pics of the corals before listing the on line so hat every coral is under the same lighting and a similar height.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
FWIW, I prefer seeing the egg crate, as it gives me an idea of the size of the frag. And you're right on the photoshop issue- I dislike obvious photoshopping on pics of the corals for sale. For decoration on the website, it looks cool, however.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CindyL;267081 said:
FWIW, I prefer seeing the egg crate, as it gives me an idea of the size of the frag. And you're right on the photoshop issue- I dislike obvious photoshopping on pics of the corals for sale. For decoration on the website, it looks cool, however.
+1

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here are some more photos. I left the eggcrate in this time. Let me know what you think and if you would be apt to purchase corals like this if you saw these photos on a coral website. Thanks.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes. Doesn't appear to be too much photoshopping, the colors are believable, the eggcrate is visible so I can guess the size...

One thing that I think websites should do is a side by side pic of the corals in regular (daytime) light, and under actinics. That way, you'd know what they look like during the day and at night. A dual light pic like that would be impressive enough to set one company well above the others.