1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Possible uronema

Discussion in 'Fish' started by apex_seeking, Apr 25, 2022.

1. apex_seeking

apex_seeking Copepod

I just got some chromis in qt late last week and they are currently in copper power at roughly 2.25.

I noticed yesterday a small mark in one particular fish that I thought might be something to get concerned about but decided to just keep an eye on it.

Today it’s larger. He’s eating and swimming fine, no odd behavior that I’ve witnessed.

IMG_3617.JPG IMG_3618.JPG

I’m looking for suggestions on how to move forward with this particular fish, and the rest of the school.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

2. Ambrosio Aquatics

Ambrosio Aquatics Tuna Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

what sg do you run in the qt tank? low salinity can help heal and kill off some parasite

3. apex_seeking

apex_seeking Copepod

It’s currently at 1.025. Same as the DT.

is uronema a parasite, though. I was under the impression it was a bacterial infection. Because copper doesn’t effect it as it does to parasites.