Power loss

Terry Fox

Cleaner Shrimp
Anyone else have a power outage. I lost power for 28 hours. Definitely stressed everything. LPS mostly ok, zoas seems like they enjoyed it. Sps ... well half are doing it the other half, calcium reactor fodder. Strange thing my blenny View attachment 19896 View attachment 19897 View attachment 19897 View attachment 19898 used to hide in a crevice. Now he's perched atop a neon candy cane and has been there 2 days. He eats but he is light brown instead of almost black.
Pictures suck, lights are off.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
28 hours. ouch. Lucky you didnt have more loss then that.
I would take all those corals with dead spots and re-frag them all. Might be able to save some if you cut off the dead before it recedes any further

Terry Fox

Cleaner Shrimp
I need to do that. Hopefully I can save some. It's crazy how the color is gone. That is gonna be the real problem here. Once they do that they may never really recover.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
In this case, they may very well recover most if not all their colors. Need to stop the necrosis though and get everything stable again

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You gotta have a generator.

However, being in Boulder County with so many friends impacted, but not part of the evacuations, this whole thing beyond the terrible damage has me thinking about what I would do if I had to evacuate and not be here to run a genny for a day or two. I guess fill it up full, leave it running and hope for the best? I honestly have no idea.

I would wait a few weeks for the corals to stabilize and then cut the live stuff off and remount it. There is not much else that you can do. If you cut them too soon, they still might be stressed.