Putting Names and Faces Together

Clown-N-Around

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought we should have a thread here about how we got our screen name, and how to put a name, screenname and face together when we meet at a club function.

Please include:

1) How you got your screen name
2) Your real name
3) Post a picture of yourself!

Post edited by: ClownNAround, at: 2007/10/05 10:35

Clown-N-Around

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re:putting Names and Faces Together

1) My first fish were clown fish. And clown fish were the first saltwater fish I could identify (way before Finding Nemo or my addiction to reefing.) I joined fishgeeks with Clown-N-Around and lo and behold it was also available on Reef Central when I found that board.

Now I am pretty much stuck with it so I have registered it on most of the fish boards. Occasionally I am ClownNAround (as here on MASC.info) or Clown.N.Around because the dashes are not accepted.

2) My real name is Christina Pearson.

3) Here I am with my husband, Chris (left), and Bob Fenner (right) at IMAC 2005.

Post edited by: ClownNAround, at: 2007/10/05 10:35

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

My user name is a carry over from college - it\'s how they determined their e-mail accounts.
mi = mike
woodar = woodard

I\'ve lived in Denver for nearly 7 years but I\'m still a Hoosier at heart (no, I don\'t know where Hoosier came from and if anyone tells you that they do, I would bet money that they are wrong).

I started reefing in the mid 90\'s. For a while I had a lot (7) tanks and operated a service out of my garage for a handful of customers. These days I only have one small tank.

Here is my wife, Sasha, and I. We have a boy, Aidan, who was born in 06.

well my name I got from my first car (blue 2002 celica)
I kept running out of screen names so I made a yahoo account with that name and just used it for everything so it would be easy to remember

Real name is Luis

Never been to a meeting yet, looked around to see when this months meeting is but I didnt see any dates.

heres a pic from NY, when I HAD a bike... [img size=418]http://www.marinecolorado.org/mambo//components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/bike.jpg[/img]

Post edited by: blue02celi, at: 2007/10/05 17:52

Clown-N-Around

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

Our \"October\" meeting is the November 3 Frag Swap.

OK - so I know there are more than 3 people in this forum now...

Where is everyone? You can always edit (no time limit right now on MASC.info) and add a pic later if you don\'t have one handy now. At least introduce us to your user name/real name.

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

I put one up in the Reef Discussion section as well. It\'s not as detailed but it is contained wholey within the MASC site...

[img size=150]http://lh6.google.com/rfruits/RZQkf8aSexI/AAAAAAAAADM/KPp4xZODAag/387558-R1-028-12A.jpg?imgmax=512[/img]

ok, now that i figured out the easy way to post. Here was my first trip to a reef. And then below is me and my daughter.

[img size=150]http://lh4.google.com/rfruits/RrHp7Mo6IDI/AAAAAAAAAhM/hVkcAxUmCz4/Picture%20or%20Video%20026.JPG?imgmax=512[/img]

dxtr - 1 dog I ever bought when on my own - Dexter - just seemed to sick throughout the years. It\'s also easy to type on keyboard ;)

Real name - brett, married w/ 5yr old son and 2yr old daughter.

Moved to Longmont 6 months ago via Florida and Ohio (go buckeyes!!) love it here so far.

Currently selling my 75g due to it being the wrong size tank for the home we purchased. prolly looking at an in-wall system later down the road.

still running my 14g. No pic yet, but will edit when i find one that doesn\'t make me look too old...LOL

Post edited by: dxtr, at: 2007/10/11 12:27

Guardrail - hit one too many in my car doing stupid things in the mountains.

my real name is Derrick heres my picture finally taken next to my other passion... my car...

Post edited by: guardrail, at: 2007/11/12 04:27

Post edited by: guardrail, at: 2007/11/12 04:28

Post edited by: guardrail, at: 2007/11/12 04:28

Post edited by: guardrail, at: 2007/11/12 04:29

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

sps my initials+
stimie nickname i was given when i was young=
spstimie

real name shaun

jagermeister

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member

1) How you got your screen name

- Jagermeister, college nickname at most parties. It\'s not my drink of choice but my last name is Jager, so Jagermeister naturally ensued!

2) Your real name

- Jason Jager

3) Post a picture of yourself!

- Here\'s myself with my brand new daughter. (still trying to catch up on sleep!)

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

Hi Jason - welcome to the forum. My buddy\'s daughter is a carbon copy of your little girl. Uncanny resemblance. Congrats on the new arrival!

thejrc

Clown Fish

alrighty the screen name has been with me forever and came out of well... techno land... I\'m a geek what can I say.

Real name is Joe, I\'m down here in colorado springs and an active member of SCMAS but plan to bop around up there as well and see what you guys have going on! I\'m definately checking out this weekends swap. Easy way to recognize me is that I always have some form of odd hat on.

[img size=150]http://copepodgeek.com/pics/me.jpg[/img]