Moving tank

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well our house is under contract and closing date is set for July 16th. We are moving to Windsor, sadly I still won’t have a tank in the house but I’ll have a 4 car garage with a lot more room. I’ll take what I can get I guess. Currently the tank is a 80g barebottom. I have a 150g cube to upgrade to but honestly want to go bigger now that I’ll have the room. Either way have to move the 80g to the new house and trying to decide the best way to move the tank. Looking for some input and advice.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Congrats!

Will you be able to move anything into the new house before hand?

I have a 150g stocktank you can borrow, maybe set it up at the new place and bring all your livestock over first?

If you want to go BIG, @Andrew_bram might be moving on from his 390! He'd make you a great deal, and it's a super nice tank.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry for getting back so slow We’re on vacation.
I’ll see how much they’ll want for me to have access to the garage a few days before. I’ll probably have to buy or borrow a stock tank but will only really need one around 100g but @TheRealChrisBrown the 150 will probably work don’t see a need more then that since I only
Have an 80g tank. I accidentally left my Alk/Calc running before I left and probably raised them a little too high, I have no way of testing those to parameters but my ph raised about .85 . So I might of already killed the sensitive corals and would make the move easier I guess....

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a 100 gallon trough also! What vacation I need one of those badly!!
out in South Carolina to see in-laws. Little beach time,pool time and some saltwater fishing. Got skunked the first day probably going to try some night fishing.
100g May be best! I’ll look up dimensions and see what is most like my tank so the par change won’t be too different.