Reef Renew Emergency Water Delivery Service

Reef Renew

Cyano
Platinum Sponsor
COMING SOON: In the near future, Reef Renew will also be providing an emergency water delivery service. We are not positive on the specifics as of yet, although it will be along the lines of a service capable of delivering +100 gallons of premixed and preheated saltwater to a customers doorstep within an hour of their call. We believe this wold be very valuable in the case of sudden tank failures (heater explosions, power outages, pump failures, etc.) where 80%-100% of the aquariums water needs to be changed all at once and as soon as possible.

Do you have any feedback regarding this idea? Would having this service at your disposal give you more peace of mind? What would you be looking for in a service like this? All feedback is more than welcome and would be greatly appreciated!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just a thought... you might want to offer a basic cleanup service along with the emergency delivery service. Something along the lines of "tank overflow rescue" where you bring along a wet dry vac and help the reefer clean up after a topoff overflow, tank leak, etc., as well as possibly troubleshooting what went wrong. Certainly wouldn't need to be a full restoration service, but something extra beyond delivering new water. It's a way to earn some additional money for you guys, since you're there anyway, and it helps with the worst part of that sort of mishap - cleaning up the mess and sorting out what caused it so it can be avoided in the future.

This kind of service would not only save livestock, it could keep reefers in the hobby by reducing the frustration level that spikes every time we see water on the floor.

Reef Renew

Cyano
Platinum Sponsor
I could see that being extraordinarily valuable, we will definitely work on implementing something like that. Thank you very much for the advice!

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Walker,
What type of salt will you be using? Customer's may want to know.

V

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
You could have an agreement with a local carpet cleaner that has a truck mount, that way you don't need to invest any initial cash, just some afterwards. We had an agreement like that when I was cleaning carpets

Reef Renew

Cyano
Platinum Sponsor
Cake_Boss;313804 said:
You could have an agreement with a local carpet cleaner that has a truck mount, that way you don't need to invest any initial cash, just some afterwards. We had an agreement like that when I was cleaning carpets
Thats an interesting concept, hadn't thought of a partnership of that kind but I could see it being worth while. Thank you for the suggestion!