Rock

mathewkofalk

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Where do people buy their live rock. I cant justify 6-7 bucks a pound when i can get it shipped over night for a third of that from liveaquaria.com

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Rock goes for sale on here all the time for around $1- $3 a pound. About fish and Catfish Charlies sell it for something like $125 for a box of fiji (40-50 lbs worth). just check out the for sale forum and you will get lucky and get a good grab.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Rock

How much do you need. I've got a huge piece left over. I think it's close to 20 pounds. It's been sitting in a bucket for over a week. It's still damp but no longer cured

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Rock

Check this out pretty cool and does not impact the environment

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also did you add shipping costs to Liveaquaria? Still will come in cheaper than LFS, but keep in mind you need to cure any rock that is flown directly in (through Liveaquaria or LFS). That costs more time/$/planning than a basic QT then display add.

Jaime you look well prepared. Zombies have pretty high ammonia levels.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Rock

Catfish Charlie;236716 said:
I just talked with Frank Lim last week and it looks like soon we maybe starting to carry this, if the interest is there! It looks like it'll sale for around $8 Lbs though! I'd love some feedback form anyone about this!
It's ok, if I hadn't stumbled across some I'd be too cheap to buy some. Not saying others won't though. You have the best pricing for dry rock!

daverf;236731 said:
Jaime you look well prepared. Zombies have pretty high ammonia levels.
I'd imagine, they are basically walking ammonia dumpsters.

If you don't like the local scene for rock, there's always Marco Rocks. Seriously though, check out CFC.

mathewkofalk

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
hey Asneiman if i buy the skimmer could you throw that 20 pound rock in ....also i just need some LR to seed some other base rock i may buy and il be curing / cycleing it in my new 75 gallon build.

mathewkofalk

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
JNG;236538 said:
Rock goes for sale on here all the time for around $1- $3 a pound. About fish and Catfish Charlies sell it for something like $125 for a box of fiji (40-50 lbs worth). just check out the for sale forum and you will get lucky and get a good grab.

id definitely buy a box at that price it could seed all base rock I'm gonna get.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Rob, he had his product at Reefstock. I talked with him for a bit. It is very nice looking rock with a water based color. Only two drawbacks to this rock that I could see was the price and weight. Otherwise some pieces there had some really cool shapes.

Jaime, I'm kinda the same way with rock in my basement, I've had rock down in my sump for years waiting to eventually st up another tank :blah:

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
mathewkofalk;236750 said:
id definitely buy a box at that price it could seed all base rock I'm gonna get.
That wouldn't be difficult. I started a tank with all dry rock from "marcorocks" and used a small piece of LR from my established tank to seed the dry rock. The cycle took a little longer than it did when I used all live rock in the other tank, but a little patience in reefing never hurts. :)

You shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to donate a rock to seed your tank.