Filter tray/basket

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
View attachment 18086 Alright I hate filter socks with a passion and instead want to go with a tray to hold poly filter. Need help with what I should use. Looking for a basket that can fit in a standard 20H and only has holes in the bottom. This is all I’ve really found so far.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
What is the application? I have them in my sump’s bubble trap. So much nicer than socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Could you drill holes in an acrylic sheet and attach sides? Then you could custom make to your dimensions.
I think that just might be the best thing to do. Went out and just bought a $6 8”x8” food container that I’ll drill holes in the bottom.

What is the application? I have them in my sump’s bubble trap. So much nicer than socks.

Have everything drain into it and have prestine water with not detritus in the sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I use mesh socks in mine, and then I put other medias in the bottom of them like sponges. So much easier then felt socks as they dont clog and a lot easier to clean.
For baskets and stuff, maybe try the Container store? I went and picked up a bunch of kitchen baskets of different sizes to use in my frag tank that work perfect