Starting up a 55 gal reef tank

Diy stand and lighting fixtures, purchased a 55 gal predrilled aquarium and a 10 gallon sump (upgrading sump later ).

Been moving around quite a bit unfortunately that's not ideal for saltwater aquariums. Anyway finally got in a house where I have no worries of moving anytime soon. Just creating this as a record of setup and eventually a well established reef tank

Purchased tank needs some love
View attachment 21352
View attachment 21353

Test fitting tank and lighting
View attachment 21354
View attachment 21355

Making the move rocks and inhabitants
View attachment 21356

Rockscape
View attachment 21357

Full setup
View attachment 21358

Side profile nice and streamline
View attachment 21359

I'll be taking some fish and coral shots soon to show any developments the good and the bad

Yes and it works great, it has successfully starved my display of all algae not that I have had any issues with algae it's just a proactive approach to minimal maintenance. I recently harvested a solid chunk half the screen

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
cpt13;338083 said:
Yes and it works great, it has successfully starved my display of all algae not that I have had any issues with algae it's just a proactive approach to minimal maintenance. I recently harvested a solid chunk half the screen
Ahh yah you are the second person here that I have seen use an algae scrubber :p

Way better option than GFO IMO.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I currently have:
Tomini tang
3 liretail anthias
false leopard wrasse
leopard wrasse
china wrasse
red head solon wrasse
3 bar gobies
manderian goby pair
cleaner shrimp pair
fire shrimp pair
harliquin shrimp
christmas wrasse
sunrise dottyback
and a midas blenny

Thanks it's been a fun trip getting this tank working, the orange monti took a hard snail crash but it has grown 1/2 inch or so in the last 6 months and green blue polyp also has shown solid growth. Can wait to see everything establish its self
Colorado Reefer;339388 said:
If you have good success with the monti's you way want to try some sps sticks soon. Tank looks good btw :)