SteveT's Photo Contest #2

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
Hello MASC!

Time for the 2nd monthly photo contest hosted by yours truly. This time will be a little different than the first one so read instructions carefully:

Pictures must be taken by you personally and they must be of: Soft Corals (leathers, mushrooms, zoas)

The winner will be chosen by myself and the previous winners that are not eligible to participate (Jahmic and Djkms). There will be only one winner, and only one entry per person this time around. Deadline will be Tuesday, August 21st. This will give the judges a few days to score the photo on a 10 point rubric in each of these criteria: creativity/composition, clarity/sharpness, exposure/color balance. For a total of 30points. The judges scores will be averaged in each category and a winner will be chosen. Would prefer to do pick up at the meeting on the 25th, but will arrange alternate pick up if that is not possible.

Another nice zoa pack to the winner! this time no DBTC obligations attached.

10+Polyp Candy Apple Pink

10+Polyp Armor of God

Last edited by a moderator:

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet. Better start taking pics.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
little_fish;179527 said:
One of favorite photos :)

Those are awesome are they dragon face pipefish? U had any problems with them? I was looking at maybe getting a pair for the new tank.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am down to one, but i havent had any issues with him. Although, i havent seen my tank in 2.5 months, so honestly I dont really know.

The one i lost died in very creepy circumstance. When I bought it, its anal vent look larger and blue, which I though could be due to different sexes, but then when i found it dead, it was perfect shell. Only the head still had meat in it, and the only opening into the body was the tiny anal vent. It was also in the open area of the tank, so i dont think it was a bristle worm or any of your other run of the mill predators.

But super cool fish, very interesting to watch.

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
Hasn't been much action on this, so I am going to bump it again. I was just looking at these frags (really mini colonies) in my tank thinking how if I were to sell them I would ask 50.00+ each at least (which would still be a steal). All you have to do is take a good pic of a soft coral and they could be yours!

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Eeek! Just to make it perfectly clear :) cuz, i really want those mini colonies, that is dragon faced pipefish in my GSP. I no break dah rules!!!!!!

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
You are definitely in a Gray area considering the pipe fish are the main subject. However since I wasn't more specific in the instructions I will let it slide this time :)
To make it fair this means all other entries may have anything as the focal point of the photo but there must be soft coral in the picture
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bump!

Is everybody busy taking pics and holding out til the last minute?? :wink-new: :biggrin:

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got to pick one of the ones I've taken. Should be posted this weekend.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
softies

Here are my mushrooms with actinics

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
Polys

Here are the polys I got from DBTC...I LOVE em!

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is my picture. Still working on getting the right balance of color.

[attachment=62177:name]