1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Sunburst recovery thread

Discussion in 'Anemones' started by Haddonisreef, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I picked up 4 sunburst from a friend who had a heater stick on. Will be medicating them with cipro for 7 days. These guys are in my frag tank which is plumbed to my display. Here is a pic in current state. I’ll update this thread every other day w a pic.
    FC768519-15E8-4503-A745-55F2693CE53F.jpeg

SynDen likes this.
  2. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

You have any idea how hot that they got? I am just curious to know in case it every happens again. I have heard that people often raise them up to 85 to get them to split - I guess that they don't have a cutting board and knife.

Good luck.

3. Haddonisreef

Not sure of exact temp but had been warm for a few weeks he said.

4. flagg37

flagg37 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Cipro is for bacterial infection right? Is this more precautionary or are the showing signs of infection?

Haddonisreef likes this.
  5. Haddonisreef

No sign of infection atm! I just don’t want the nems in my display to be infected. Basically just precarious

6. Haddonisreef

Few pics from lastnight
    12AE909A-6734-49C2-8225-75F8F1152253.jpeg 7BEC1AA1-BEB2-44E1-A9FE-41A4345DF642.jpeg

7. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Haddonisreef likes this.
  8. Haddonisreef

Weekly update nems are coloring up nice getting some green in the foot/body.
    9FE4473B-0211-432C-96BC-33C2F7CDD5A7.jpeg

9. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Are they eating? I don't feed mine, but they do catch some stuff from time to time. If they have the energy to catch and digest food, then you are probably home free.

10. Haddonisreef

Actually yes they have! Been broadcasting a few mysis and photo as I would in the big tank. I dont feed mine either but think will help in restoring there color.