Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
As put forth by Chris Lorentz.

Rules to Change the bylaws
Article VII. BYLAWS
VII.1. These by-laws shall be amended or repealed, or new by-laws adopted, by a vote of the majority of the Members in good standing of the Society at any general or special meeting or online. Such changes shall be made by the two-thirds (2/3) majority of votes cast. Such proposed amendment, repeal or new by-law, or a summary thereof, shall be set forth in any notice of such meeting, whether general or special, or posted online for a minimum of 14 days before the voting is scheduled to take place.
VII.2. The by-laws may be amended or changed by a 2/3 vote of the Members in good standing present at any meeting provided due notice of the change has been given to the membership at the preceding meeting.
VII.3. If a proposed change in the by-laws is not sent out in advance with the official notice of said meeting, it may still be considered by the attendees, however in order to pass, it must be approved by a vote equal to two-thirds (2/3) of the total number of delegates entitled to vote, even if not present, or by a 90% vote of those present, whichever is lower.
VII.4. Any amendment, repeal or new bylaw shall be filed with the appropriate governmental authority as required by law.

Proposed changes

I am making a motion to have a vote to amend the by-laws to state that removal of any position on the Board of directors must be voted on by the membership and requires a 2/3rd vote to be approved. I would also like to vote on the fact that empty positions must be filled and they must be filled by a vote of the membership as well.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yay yay! (In Ice Cube's voice)

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
According to the bylaws youve been quoting all night "Such proposed amendment, repeal or new by-law, or a summary thereof, shall be set forth in any notice of such meeting, whether general or special, or posted online for a minimum of 14 days before the voting is scheduled to take place. " SO REGARDLESS OF CURRENT OPINION THIS CANNOT BE VOTED ON RIGHT NOW.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;195925 said:
According to the bylaws youve been quoting all night "Such proposed amendment, repeal or new by-law, or a summary thereof, shall be set forth in any notice of such meeting, whether general or special, or posted online for a minimum of 14 days before the voting is scheduled to take place. " SO REGARDLESS OF CURRENT OPINION THIS CANNOT BE VOTED ON RIGHT NOW.
However we have the right to voice our opinion... yay

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yep I agree that you do just cannot vote on it right now according to the bylaws

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am not around much anymore. Is there an issue with someone who was appointed or removed from the board? Or how it is done?

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;195925 said:
So remove the Poll. Post this up here for 14 days (which is the legnth of the poll, so I see no issues with leaving the poll open), and we can have a vote.

But it seems to me that Current BOD is strongly against having this even considered, wonder why?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yep if I am still a bod member I will reopen this in 14 days if I am not then whoever is needs to reopen it.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, should I just close the thread? I can't seem to delete just the poll.

I'm all for amending the bylaws, as there is a lot lacking in the current ones that we need to address.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The problem is each item that is changed or amended in the by laws may need to be voted on. Not just 1 mass change.