Worm... good or bad?

View attachment 8845

I bought some live rock today and this worm came out of it after the lights went off. It is towards the middle of the picture and is reddish in color. Is this a good thing or a thing I need to try to get rid of?

Sent from my HTC One X using Forum Runner

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't see it. Better picture? Of its a bristle tooth worm which is most common but they are not bad and actually good for your clean up crew. They won't effect anything unless they get about 8" long they can get a sleeping fish. But most of time they won't hurt anything. They scavenge the floor and rock at night. Don't touch them though use tweezers if you take it out.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
If this is what it looks like, then its a bristle worm. Good for the tank, bad for your fingers! Meaning they can stick you like a porcupine and leave little spines/splinters in you. If this happens, super glue and duct tape are your best friend :)
[attachment=62383:name]

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Feels like glass splinters... There fun. Don't touch them lol. Started wearing gloves after I fragged a few times and they hit me pretty good. Almost every frag I have has one on it. Just my luck tho... :eek:

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know someone that had a 6.5' bristle in his PVC piping going in and out of his sump. How would you sleep at night? Lol.