WP 25 feedback

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Curious what the feedback and reviews are of the wp25 for those that have one.

Do you like it?
What size tank do you have it on?
Do you have more than one?

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I put one in my frag tank. It's just 20g. Had to really dial it down, but the corals have really responded.

David

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have two on my 75, they are awesome. Perfect wave :) Almost borderline too much. I have two Tunze powerheads in there as well. If you are keeping existing powerheads in the tank, one is good enough to generate a nice wave.

If you want to borrow one of mine, and try it out, let me know, I'll bring it Saturday...

Quick video:

[video]https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1635C21E91EAC57!17159&authkey=!AN_FJjpveU0TFzw[/video]

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have just one on my 75 gallon. Honestly it's hard to understand. I could only get a wave out of the W1 function. And it wasn't that big. It is making a small back and forth motion though.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Where is your pump mounted? Mine is on the right, half way up on the side. Close to the back wall, and pointing horizontal.

My video is with only 1 WP25 and two Tunze's running.

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah mine is on the left as well, in the middle towards the top, pointed at the front glass. That position seemed to not blow everything as much. (The flow from the right to the left was greater actually)

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
To get the wave action, it'll need to be pointed lengthwise, to the side, not toward the front..

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh its just slightly, and I have about a 1/2 to a 3/4 wave going. Is the W1 function the only wave function? Someone should tell us what all the functions do. I can't read whatever language that is.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No, W1,W2, W3 are all wave settings. S1, S2, S3 are the speed settings.

Went off this video:

[video=youtube;bKknHgvt5GQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKknHgvt5GQ[/video]

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fitz19d;268431 said:
Believe dial is supposed to affect the sine of the wave so to speak. (Distance between waves not necessarily the height.
+1

Without getting too much into physics, once you have the wave dialed in, the height should increase to more than what you're seeing now.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cherub;268459 said:
Ha!

But you should see the sexy wave I dialed in on my 20 that comes within a few mm of lapping over the edge...

Hopefully that ato stays accurate ;)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Anymore updates or feedback on these from those that have one? Wondering if you have noticed any change in your corals with a wave motion vs the irregular flow patterns from say a vortech changing flow rates constantly.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I noticed a difference on the 180 when I ran the wp40. Im going to buy 2 wp25s for the 75 just becuase of this.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Although I have no experience with Vortecks or any other wave maker type of pump, the wp40 was my first run and I was so impressed with it.

bush8984

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
CRW Reef;273839 said:
Anymore updates or feedback on these from those that have one? Wondering if you have noticed any change in your corals with a wave motion vs the irregular flow patterns from say a vortech changing flow rates constantly.
I hear the ones from coral xpressions are amazing.

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have been playing with mine this afternoon and on my 60 cube about 3/4 full I can get a 3 in wave. If not a bit more. Had to dial down the speed to 2 to get it from being over the top too much. I may keep it at 2 but we will see when it gets full of water sometime this coming week. I am very impressed how quite it is. Seems quieter than my old pumps by lot. The settings seem like they would be confusing since they were in Chinese or something but I played with it for about 15 min and had it figured out how I want it to be running. It seems like a great pump so far!

Luke.Fraizer

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just went and looked at the tank and it is rocking slightly... I may need to move it more directly over my floor joists.... Oh the excitement!