wp10 feedback, if you have one please post

Hey all,

This seems way over due with the large group buy back in feb. Please post your experience with the wp10.

I got one myself and it was in a 10 gallon for a little bit.. It was way too powerful to keep on though. It is quiet enough but when on a wave channel I can hear the speed changes. I would like to put it on my a 30ish gallon but there really isn't a lot of feedback yet.

Thanks for the help!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have mine on my 30 gallon and it's doing amazing. I have only had it for about a week but I have taken my pm off line and have been running just the wp.

I want to pick one up here soon for my 65 just as some extra flow

Although i might get the 25, still on the fence

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I have a 25 and 10 on my 75, although the 10's power supply went out on it, so looking into getting a dual controller for the 2. Over all though I like these little pumps, they work pretty well for the money, although they need to be cleaned alot as they lose power rather quickly with only a little bit of gunk. The more that builds up on them the more they lose power. Pretty much have to clean mine every week or every other week to keep them running at peak.

SynDen;316039 said:
I have a 25 and 10 on my 75, although the 10's power supply went out on it, so looking into getting a dual controller for the 2. Over all though I like these little pumps, they work pretty well for the money, although they need to be cleaned alot as they lose power rather quickly with only a little bit of gunk. The more that builds up on them the more they lose power. Pretty much have to clean mine every week or every other week to keep them running at peak.
I concur on the cleaning. I have 2xwp25's in my 120 and if I don't clean them they get weak fast. Fortunately they are easy to clean, it only takes me 10-15 minutes with a rag. I also have two the 10's for my 60 cube, but I haven't put that tank together yet as I decided to build a new stand. I will try to report back on those if I can or remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
An update on my WP25's...

One of them crapped out after just a couple months. I also found the cleaning to be pretty annoying considering how often they need it.

I still have the 2xWP10's new in the box and I'm debating getting one of the new maxspect gyre pumps for my 60 build and selling the 2 10's or putting them in my 120.