Zoa placement

I'm having trouble placing my zoas where they will do the best especially with my Kessil. Lights impact placement so much so I am just seeking direct input rather than generalization. In the pic, the pink cats paw, setosa, and digi are showing excellent growth and extension. Down below on the calcified brain piece, my oompa loompas were taking off, then died back 50% (you can see half of them are closed, those are gone now). Tried an emergency fragging and all those died. I want to build a zoa garden on the Oompa Loompa edge but I wanted input first.

Currently my fire and ice love seem to live it at the very top by the nem. Utter chaos' and Rastas like it on the same shelf as the sps group. Orange explosions like it on the oompa rock. Bams melted. Blueberry fields melted. Pink zippers on their way out (one lone survivor is carrying the team) No consistency!

Settings are as follows. Tank is 24 deep. Kessil A160 is about 4" off the water.
Mid day settings are:
1000 40color 50intensity
1130 50color 90intensty
1500 50color 80intensity
1800 40color 50intensity

The nem is loving life at the top of the tank with these settings. Suggestions on placement please for the zoas I mentioned above. Thanks!

(New... Build thread pending)

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zoas will do fine anywhere on the bottom half of your rockwork excluding the shaded area on the right of the picture. Pick a location that looks the best astethically

Thanks. The chaos' are doing good a little higher right now so I'm going to leave them alone unless I see signs of degradation or someone is like "holy crap move those down now!" I would like to build it on the shelf where the oompas are just above where the clown is in the picture. There is not much for horizontal surfaces besides the sand below that shelf.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zoas will also grow well on vertical surfaces like the rock your toadstool is on. If you glue them to a rock small and then glue the abut a 1/3 of the way above the rock, they will eventually cover that rock so you leave more flat areas for other types of corals.

zombie;364256 said:
Zoas will also grow well on vertical surfaces like the rock your toadstool is on. If you glue them to a rock small and then glue the abut a 1/3 of the way above the rock, they will eventually cover that rock so you leave more flat areas for other types of corals.
Always thinking ahead! Thank you.