28g JBJ led Nano

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I didn't have dibs lol and that's a bummer on the rock and polyps. There are a few fish i want and can't due to their hunger for corals. Hopefully you didn't lose whole frags

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I lost two frags but they were nothing too special anyway. I take the good with the bad it was good experience so I chose to make it a positive thing.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jonthefb;109594 said:
Kris! You have a tank! Congrats! I though it was going to be years before you finally got something up and running! Very cool man!
Cheers~!
Jon
Thanks Jon!

MattL;109615 said:
I like the stand, plus makes since with the risers on top, plus why put the vent on the bottom. Great looking nano...from one nano man to another. Rock looks sweet.
The vent is supposed to be there if you are running the mini chiller that JBJ makes for the 28 and also is intended to be even lower than its shown in my picture. I swapped the stand so the vent was up higher a joke many like to to poke fun at me for building the stand upside down :) Although I really did do it on purpose. I did this because the heat given off by the LED driver is significant so I wanted it to be in the vented compartment yet I have the DA ATO coming soon and I didnt want my topoff jug sitting above the electronics in case of leaks.

There is a method to my madness even if it is just madness. ;)

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
kalgra;109657 said:
I lost two frags but they were nothing too special anyway. I take the good with the bad it was good experience so I chose to make it a positive thing.
well thats a good outlook bud. I'm sure it still looks awesome

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice KA. I dig the acans. Do you have a build for your new tank too?

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice. I forgot that you had welding skills (and you sure do have SKILLS). The new glass looks great. I'm looking forward to the thread.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
miwoodar;113926 said:
Nice. I forgot that you had welding skills (and you sure do have SKILLS). The new glass looks great. I'm looking forward to the thread.
Thanks! Its been a long journey but a rewarding one. I have become something of a joke on MASC being the only member since 2009 that had never had a tank up and running up untill a couple monthds ago. Hopefully I will redeem myself in the coming years. :)

My welding skills have gotten much much better since the original build thread. Mostly impart because of allot of practice but i also starting using a higher powered gas mig( a b-day present from my wife :) ). I will be getting a 220v 40amp tig machine before too long and a plasma cutter too so I should be able to weld everything from pop cans to 3/4" stainless. :)

Really looking forward to that!

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bet you are! I went MIG shopping after my buddy helped me weld my stand. It didn't come to pass though. :( Maybe some day. :)

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well if it does happen if you decide to go with a 120 20amp unit, I highly recomend the hobart handler 140 with the C25 gas hookup. Its basically a millermatic rebaged really well made and reasonably priced. Will also do stainless with reverse polarity and argon. Will do thicker alluminum too but you would need to get a reel gun in addition that costs as much as the welder itself. When the time comes you should come try mine and see how you like it.