29 biocube setup

We have decided we are going to keep our biocube so I need to get stuff for it. It is a 29g.

Would these lights be worth it or other suggestions?
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=24725&prodid=50781&catid=3
http://www.ecoxotic.com/catalog/product/view/id/187/s/24-panorama-marine-led/

Also I was thinking it would probably need a Korelia any size suggestions?

I have live rock that has hair algea. What's the best way to remove it without killing the rock and not introducing the algea into the new setup....what if it has corals on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would say step up and get a ai sol blue you could get enough light for whatever you want or as little. You can upgrade pucks as the technology grows and then if you go to a bigger tank you can get more as needed

Blazinjack;193981 said:
I've got an AquaUFO 90 watt for sale...
Would that be to much for my cube? Does it hang or have a stand or would it fit in the lid. If not I would have too rig a top I would think. Are you looking for anything that maybe I can trade? Is there a reason you didn't like them? And how old are they?

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
We had some ecoxotic panoramas on our biocube 29 with great success. Not much of a variety of color though.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It has a hanging kit for it. I don't think it'd fit in the hood. I've got an Evo 120 watt hanging over my 29 Biocube now and it's working great! This light had very similar PAR numbers as my Evo when I had someone come over with a meter. I'm not looking for much in trades, as my cube is pretty full and it's my only tank right now, but let me know what you were thinking and ill consider it.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had it as part of my setup over my 120 gallon, with 2 Evo panels. It did great! But I downsized to my Biocube and have a bunch of extra stuff, hence it's for sale. I listed it on my thread for $200, but it hasn't sold yet, so $150 is what I'm lookin to get for it.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have run the stock Biocube skimmer and a HOB coralife skimmer in the past on my cube. The stock sucked... The HOB I have did a pretty good job! But it can't draw from back, so I had to hang it on the side. There is a skimmer that fits in the second chamber... I just can't remember what it is right now...

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I believe the white LEDs are 6500k, but with the blues on the entire unit looks similar to a 10000k metal halide.

you can see the UFO lighting the tank in the background of the second picture.