7" tablets

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm in the market for a new tablet, a 7" one. We compared a Nexus 7 ($250) and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 ($200). I've seen a few of you with the Nexus, how do you like it? What do you do about the camera?

I liked the HD screen of the Nexus, but it had no rear camera. The NFC was nice too

The Samsung had a rear camera and is able to expand the memory, but no HD display or NFC. The Samsung includes a case though.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Apple can take the mini and shove it up their arses. What possessed them to drop the standard connector that has been used on Ipods, Iphones, and Ipads for years? I had considered getting a mini until that crackpot idea. I am leaning towards the Galaxy and switching to the phone as well.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: 7" tablets

Buying last years technology...dont buy a half eaten apple.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

H2O_intolerant;225693 said:
I'm in the market for a new tablet, a 7" one. We compared a Nexus 7 ($250) and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 ($200). I've seen a few of you with the Nexus, how do you like it? What do you do about the camera?

I liked the HD screen of the Nexus, but it had no rear camera. The NFC was nice too

The Samsung had a rear camera and is able to expand the memory, but no HD display or NFC. The Samsung includes a case though.
My daughter has the galaxy, and I have the nexus. If you can live without the camera go with the nexus. Hands down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

I heard, through the grapevine, that the iPod touch skin guys were brainstorming a similar skin for the Nexus. It's that true? I know you can add a USB camera and use that, but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a portable device.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
does it have to be 7" ?
I got the Asus Transformer infinity w the keyboard dock and hardly use a laptop anymore unless I am at my desk at work.
w the keyboard dock you get USB an additional memory card reader and close to 18hours of battery life.
Woot.com, and groupon.com have been selling the older version the prime, for 300ish with the keyboard dock.

if its got to be 7" I have heard the nexus is pretty good.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

projectx;225990 said:
does it have to be 7" ?
I got the Asus Transformer infinity w the keyboard dock and hardly use a laptop anymore unless I am at my desk at work.
w the keyboard dock you get USB an additional memory card reader and close to 18hours of battery life.
Woot.com, and groupon.com have been selling the older version the prime, for 300ish with the keyboard dock.

if its got to be 7" I have heard the nexus is pretty good.
We saw that one, it was to big for her hands. The 8.9" were borderline.

The deal breaker on the Nexus was the camera to be honest.

Little known fact, you can give Sam's an offer (up to 20% off. Ask to talk to a manager if the sales guy won't do it), and they'll take it. We picked up the Samsung 8 GB bundle and 2yr protection plan for $200 today. I guess the trial run starts today.

About the Asus, do you think the Infinity will be as worthwhile update for my Xoom? The only thing that really bothers me is the crappy rear camera and the weight, dang gorilla glass is heavy.