a HUGE thanks and note for other newbs

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
HI all;
My husband Kip and I have a 55 gal reef and this is our first salt tank since 15 years ago. Everything is different and it has been crazy trying to decide which resource to believe etc. We joined MASC and while we looked at other forums they were pretty intimidating as they were sometimes rude to people who asked questions.

Our experience with MASC has been amazing. We need to ask questions and get help if we are going to get better at this and everyone has been really helpful. From the Pres. Chad to SynDen, Munch, and most recently aztecdreams who offered use of his fish trap to help us with a predator-puffer. Because he put himself out and sent a pic, we were able to build a similar type of device and now have the puffer back at the fish store and hope our Derasa clam will come back. Another member [ I cannot find user name] offered 3 xenia frags on the DBTC of the forum and we were able to go and get a beautiful coral for free. The COOLEST thing about this, is that we got to see another tank and hear about how that member put things together, what they feed and enjoy a beautiful creation of another member in the process of picking up the frag. How freakin' valuable is this??? Seriously - people here share info and help and if you get lucky enough to be invited to see some of the other members tanks that means even more than getting a frag you want. Now, we just need to get some things growing and offer something we have in the same way.

Oh, and Dr. Tutu - we used the sump to keep clam safe while getting the puffer out.

So, better get off my soapbox before I fall. I just wanted to tell others in our part of the learning curve that is forum is worth being a member and I have never felt more supported. Really worth your time to read details of the DBTC program and make sure you begin giving when you can. so I wish I could remember every name of the contacts I have had hear, but just wanted to say you are really bad***rock stars!

Appreciate you all,

Jody and Kip

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Most of us have received the same kind of help from many others over the years. I think I can speak for everyone when I say it's all for love of the hobby. By the way, the sump/fuge was my wife's idea. Send me a message if you are ever I. Greeley. Love to talk shop.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can't even count how many times this community has helped me out. Just passing along what was given to me. I guess you can say I DBTC the help I received

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Yep same here, I ask quite a few questions on a regular basis. This group is my go-to whenever I need help or information. We all do it for the love of the hobby and are all here help each other out when we can. If you ever in downtown you are welcome to stop by anytime and check out my tank as well, always helps me a lot to see otehrs tanks and see what is working for them

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
aztecdreams;308987 said:
I can't even count how many times this community has helped me out. Just passing along what was given to me. I guess you can say I DBTC the help I received
DBTC Help. Never thought about it that way... I love it!

Zfish

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ditto what Jody said...We have enjoyed joining and learning from this most helpful group. Ken and Cindy jumped in to help within days of us joining!

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This community is the best that's why I have been here since 2009 when I was a noob and did everything wrong, without the help of the people in this club I would have never made it this far in this hobby. I do not look at MASC as a forum but as a community with the best people money can't buy. The people in this community don't care about how much money you make or if this is your first tank or if your tank is small or large, they care about the hobby and I have seen it hundreds of time that a reefer in this community has given to someone in need and it didn't matter if it was a part worth $100 or time out if there lives to help and they never wanted anything in return and that to me is what makes this community PRICELESS!

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Off The Deep End;309056 said:
This community is the best that's why I have been here since 2009 when I was a noob and did everything wrong, without the help of the people in this club I would have never made it this far in this hobby. I do not look at MASC as a forum but as a community with the best people money can't buy.

Well put!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Off The Deep End;309056 said:
This community is the best that's why I have been here since 2009 when I was a noob and did everything wrong, without the help of the people in this club I would have never made it this far in this hobby. I do not look at MASC as a forum but as a community with the best people money can't buy. The people in this community don't care about how much money you make or if this is your first tank or if your tank is small or large, they care about the hobby and I have seen it hundreds of time that a reefer in this community has given to someone in need and it didn't matter if it was a part worth $100 or time out if there lives to help and they never wanted anything in return and that to me is what makes this community PRICELESS!

+over 9000