adding live stock

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so I have a question for the experienced guys in here ,, I just set up my 29 gallon biocube a week ago and I used live rock from another guys aquarium , I been testing every day and all my levels are perfect and the water doesn't smell bad so my question is when can I start adding fish and corals ??

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Did you test the parameters?

Ammonia-?
Ph-?
Nitrate-?
Nitrite-?

Here is a great chart from Marine Depot with what "ideal" or "typical" reef tanks should read at

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I did everything is 0 , and thanks for the response!!

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just have to tests for trace elements

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
tony02133;305967 said:
I did everything is 0 , and thanks for the response!!
If all is 0 (zero) then I would say fire away. I just wouldn't add anything crazy just yet and would start with a few tester corals to make sure you dont end up with a small/mini cycle that nukes sps or something like that

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sounds good to me , thank you so much for your opinion

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd wait til I saw detectable nitrates...but that's just me. If you're wanting to start stocking I agree with starting slow. Add a fish and wait a couple weeks before adding anything else and test for a cycle.

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;305980 said:
I'd wait til I saw detectable nitrates...but that's just me. If you're wanting to start stocking I agree with starting slow. Add a fish and wait a couple weeks before adding anything else and test for a cycle.
OK I will keep that in mind , thanks

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Yep slow and steady. Patience really pays off at this point