Anyone have a TDS Meter?

I buy all my water from the store and I am curious to see what the TDS is... Anyone have a meter that I could borrow?

Thanks,
Nick

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use to buy water from a LFS and their TDs was 60. And they said that's strange we just changed it. It was the last time I did that. And thats where my algae bloom came from

KCCO

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got one, pm me.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
deboy69;283591 said:
I use to buy water from a LFS and their TDs was 60. And they said that's strange we just changed it. It was the last time I did that. And thats where my algae bloom came from

KCCO

Yup ever since I got my own RO/DI unit no more algae :p

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Keep in mind most TDS meters do not compensate for temp. You should try to use the meter when the meter itself and the sample are between 70-75 deg F. I find I get the most accurate reading when using a clean glass container and keep the meter in the middle as far from the the bottom and sides of the vessel as possible. I have found with two of the meters I have that colder temperatures result in a lower reading with a difference of 6ppm. That a big difference when your trying to determine if its time to change the filters or RO membrane.

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have one. Denver - Mississippi and Havana