Anyone using PVC Spa Flex on their system?

Labsalesguy

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Already ran it for my basement sump filter system. Just read in Coral magazine this month that I should stay away from it and use silicone instead? may leach phthalates?
I really don't feel like tearing this all out.

thanks,

Labsalesguy

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
…doing some searches- looks like there are several old systems out there running spa flex with no problems. Also looks like I can run carbon temporarily to get a majority of an chemicals off the new hose …maybe I'm pre-maturely panicking :):)

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I am using "ultra flex" PVC. No problems so far. Jda is using spa flex in his system I think. Also, great white is using it on their des play tank. I'd say no worries. IMO at least.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have never had an issue with spa flex, I have heard to rinse it before you install it but that's it.

Labsalesguy

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
thanks everyone. I will be running the system with tap water first to check for leaks. then draining, drying, RODI water then salt.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Indeed... everyone loves to blame stuff for po4 other than their own mistakes.. Overfeeding and lack of water changes....just like brute trash cans for water storage.... They grow a brown film in them. But funny how when you switch to a glass tank for the same purpose and yet it still grows the same brown film... So therefore the glass tank leaches po4?