Bid Question #10

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here's the first question that needs to be answered on the bid. After each question I've put my answer, per the meeting, PLEASE put in as many suggestions as possible. This gives us the best opportunity to have the best worded bid in the end. In the paperwork it says to NOT answer any question briefly and to go into as much detail as possible.

Please give a brief statement as to why you feel your club should be awarded the MACNA Conference Host.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Denver is located in the central west and has a international airport that would provide relatively easy access from all parts of North America. The Mile High City offers breath taking views of Rocky Mountains, and activities including hiking, biking and general outdoor activities that attendees maybe interested in taking advantage of while visiting the Mile High City. Denver also has several other attractions that may interest the MACNA attendees, including: The Denver Zoo with Tropic Discovery and the new Aisan Tropics section, The Downtown Aquarium, and the Denver Botanic Gardens. The majority of the attractions are located with 30 miles of the anticiptated MACNA confrence location and the mountains are accessible within an hour drive.

The downtown Denver area offers many great restranuts and bars all located with in reasonable walking distance or a light rail ride from the proposed MACNA location. There are also the nature and history museum and The Denver Performing Arts Center. Denver also offers a great local saltwater community and more that 5 local stores that can provide a wide array of livestock. Denver area also is home to several online vendors that allow local visits to their locations.

The metro area of Denver provides localized access to all the ammenities that the MACNA visiotrs may need.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Might mentione somewhere in there DIA being a hub for frontier airlines and united airlines. I'd also add something about catching a sports event like the Denver Broncos home of Peyton Manning :)

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
We can also mention that we are centrally located in the US, and an easy drive for the weekend from area's like Utah and Texas that have large reefing communities. As well as mention the very large reefing community we have here in Colorado.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Yes How could have I forgot about our local fish/reefing community MASC, DARC, SCMAS, and CAS!! We need a blurb here about our local club and the reefing community!

Last edited by a moderator:

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
And DARC and SCMAS and CAS and Western Slope? :)

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
DIA is a hub for United, Southwest, and Frontier making it rather easy and affordable to get to our awesome city.

BEER! From wikipedia regarding CO and beer: According to The Beer Institute, the state ranked number one in terms of gross beer production, producing over 23,370,848 barrels in 2006. It is also ranked fourth in the country in number of brewpubs and craft breweries according to The Brewers Associaion. Denver ranks first in the nation in beer production per capita and second in the number of breweries. Colorado is home to 4 of the top-50 brewing companies in the nation. There are 139 breweries statewide. Also GABF, and a microbrew culture!

Emigration! It seems that everyone knows someone/has relatives/has been to/absolutely loves our state giving people the motivation to come out for a MACNA!

Hunting/Fishing! Bring your rifle! there are lots of furry animals to shoot/scaly fish to catch in our state!

The mountains! With airlines like frontier and southwest allowing bicycles/skis and inexpensive bag you can get outdoors and experience all that the rockies have to offer! skiing, biking, rafting, hiking, camping, boating, etc. you can do it all here!

Industry professionals! Home to AquaMedic of North America, Reeflo Pumps, Lifereef Filtration products, a Sunlight Supply distribution center, 2 national Seachem reps, a national Brightwell rep, and numerous reputable coral farmers we have a great concentration of industry professionals who wouldnt have to travel far at all to attend/exhibit at a Denver macna

Sports! Wether its football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, lacrosse, chances are you will may want to catch a sporting event while in town!

Culture! Food, Art, Theatre, Music, Zoos, Aquariums, Museums, Denver has amazing venues for all of the above to fit whatever you are looking for.

Just outside of town: Pikes Peak, AirForce Academy, Royal Gorge, Sand Dunes, Rocky Mountain National Park, Red Rocks, the list goes on and on!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice Jon....

Under Zoos, I'd highlight the Downtown Aquarium as well as the Wildlife Experience. Don't forget the Museum of Nature and Science as well as Tropical Discovery at the Zoo itself. We have quite a bit of scientific, aquatic, critter based attractions to choose from.

Then of course we have Blackhawk, Cripple Creek etc. Don't underestimate the folks that will travel to gamble.......

May have been mentioned already but in September the Apsen trees will be changing so scenic drives will be at a peak during MACNA, not to mention GABF.
Also you can mention that with Reef Builders HQ in Golden CO I can reach out to a lot of international companies to come to MACNA which normally woudln't consider it. You can also expect live blogging coverage unlike any MACNA before so that the entire world can see what we're up in addition to the attendees.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
coralite;184208 said:
May have been mentioned already but in September the Apsen trees will be changing so scenic drives will be at a peak during MACNA, not to mention GABF.
Also you can mention that with Reef Builders HQ in Golden CO I can reach out to a lot of international companies to come to MACNA which normally woudln't consider it. You can also expect live blogging coverage unlike any MACNA before so that the entire world can see what we're up in addition to the attendees.
I forgot ALL about the GABF!! The tickets sell out extremely fast though, maybe something to mention if we advertise it? Jake, I've not heard anything, nor do I know if this would even be entertaining, is there a possibility for a RB tour? Again, I don't know what the facility is like or anything so don't know if anybody would be of interest, but it might for some people? Also, as far as international companies, can you give a few examples that we can put into the answer for the MASNA guys. The blogging exposure will also be a great thing to have on our side!

coralite;184208 said:
You can also expect live blogging coverage unlike any MACNA before so that the entire world can see what we're up in addition to the attendees.
You want to be careful with this. RB coverage is great and could make this the biggest MACNA ever, but the goal is to get as many real live paying attendees to show up, not watch from home for free.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
hurrafreak;184308 said:
I forgot ALL about the GABF!! The tickets sell out extremely fast though, maybe something to mention if we advertise it? Jake, I've not heard anything, nor do I know if this would even be entertaining, is there a possibility for a RB tour? Again, I don't know what the facility is like or anything so don't know if anybody would be of interest, but it might for some people? Also, as far as international companies, can you give a few examples that we can put into the answer for the MASNA guys. The blogging exposure will also be a great thing to have on our side!
What is GABF? Sorry if I should know this just having technical difficulties...

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great American Beer Festival. It's at the Convention Center.