Clams from Reefstock

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just throwing a shout out and Thanks to Aquamart and Reefkoi, got a clam from each of you and I'm sure with the pics you'll know which is which, but i just wanted to say that within 2 minutes after acclimation these babies opened up fully for these shots yesterday and haven't closed since. So far the best clam purchase I've had and i have bought quite a few for friends tanks, parents tank and mine of course. Heres a shot of them; again, Thank you.
View attachment 12139 View attachment 12140

This is under 16k LED lighting

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I really need to figure out what kind of lighting I need to upgrade to (was already going to go to LED) to make mine pop the way it did at the event. My first clam, had a hard time choosing, but Aquamart seemed to win out with to me the best looking one as well as size for the price. (Cheaper out there, but not as good a size as well as look toghether). I just wish I could have afforded one each from the other places I was eyeballing too. Little trifecta playing Marine Idol in the tank.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
haha yeah, i got the B&W from ReefKoi, it seemed the most responsive to light as well as had the color and markings i wanted. and then the Blue one from Aquamart was the brightest they had for the smaller clams (i like to watch my stuff grow vs buying full size) and was affordable. Gonzo had super nice clams as well, but my pockets weren't deep enough to drop 70 on a clam that Aquamart had that looked equally good if not better for half that price. Lots of the vendors had clams which didn't help my decision making lol...

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I scored 2 clams from Gonzo for less than a $100. And another good size one from Mike (coral shop). Great looking Clams for sure.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you going to feed 'em, or let them be? I have 2 babies too, so I was going to try and compare health over time if you are doing something different than me.

Opinions vary on if they actually need to be fed, so I was just curious...

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have mine in with my frag tank which I feed with seachem phytofeast as well as I dose with reef roids. Idk what of all that they get but their also under 36x3 leds putting out a 12k spectrum. So I think their good all around because their out and about even when the lights are off...

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Would cyclopeeze be appropriate for the clams? I got some after I was told the hammer would like it. (Though visibly I can't tell that it even takes any up) So figuring out what else would like the stuff.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
im not sure, i have 1 clownfish in the tank with the clams and was told that the food made from Elite has good nuts and food for corals and clams

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
CRW Reef;232377 said:
My clams go crazy for live rotifers :D
+1. I feed live rotifers about once a week, clams love em, so does alot of my LPS.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think that they can filter 1-10 microns, but I have a terrible memory. Phyto and DOC are what they eat the most. I have mine in a black bowl and I take them out to feed since my larger clams filter/clean the water too fast.

I am feeding mine too, but I have a lot more light. I know that these are notoriously hard, so I wanted a basis of comparison. I bought 3 from ORA back in the day when they were selling 1" versions - 1 made it and I had great conditions for them.