Colorado Sunburst BTA's

Etoimos

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Being new to this whole hobby, what's the story behind these guys? Is there a reason they have Colorado in the name?

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kei at keys island is the first person to have them that's why there called co sunburst! Walt smith brought the first one in like ten plus yrs ago, he and kei are boys so kei ended up w it! Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this came straight from kei!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes there is. Many years ago the first strain of sunburst was brought into Colorado (before anywhere else) by a LFS.

Charlie is correct, they originated with Kei. I am not aware of Keys Island carrying them anymore though.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Colorado Sunburst BTA's

Haddonisreef;214759 said:
Kei at keys island is the first person to have them that's why there called co sunburst! Walt smith brought the first one in like ten plus yrs ago, he and kei are boys so kei ended up w it! Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this came straight from kei!
Yep an Ki told me himself Gonzo and Charlie bought them all just as fast as he could bring them in :D True Story straight from the horses Mouth

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;214766 said:
Yep an Ki told me himself Gonzo and Charlie bought them all just as fast as he could bring them in :D True Story straight from the horses Mouth
Yep some people are zoa addicts and some are anemone addicts!:)

Etoimos

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, are they selling them to stores and that is how other people get them, or do they sell splits? Just wondering as we are most likely going to do an anemone tank and the wife wants some color in there.

Etoimos

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just realizes I posted this in the wrong section of the site. It should have gone in the Inverts section, and not the DBTC section as I'm not looking for a freebie.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oberst Hajj;215529 said:
I just realizes I posted this in the wrong section of the site. It should have gone in the Inverts section, and not the DBTC section as I'm not looking for a freebie.
Fixed!

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
that0neguy1126;215547 said:
Also, Shelby has some nice ones for sale here at a killer price!
I just wish they weren't so damn rare as to command their prices. Us po' folk just have to admire them from afar, heh...