Dosing 2 part

Just curios as to what kind of ratios people are dosing of alk and calc? I've been averaging 8.6 dkh with kh and 420 ppm on the calcium side. At these levels in a sps dominate tank I've been dosing 70 ml of the alk part and 110 ml of the calcium part. My mag is at 1550 and I've been using all BRS additives to their mixing ratios. I use the recipe #1 that raises ph.

And it's a 90 display with a 40 breader
frag tank and sump/fuge in a 55. Total tank volume is +- 160 gallons.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So far I'm just dosing Alk to boost it 100ml every other day. Getting close to 11dKH. Calcium only drops around once a week to 400, dose around 50 ml to boost back up. LPS dominated, trying for SPS.

Andrew_bram;167321 said:
Once you get alk and ca in balance. You have to dose equal parts or you Will lose balance. If ca is why high you have to dose alk way up over a week to pull them together.
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]That's what I was thinking. I've been watching it and so far nothing is changing drastically. I was dosing equal parts but my ca dropped sub 400. When I pushed the dosing up evenly my alk was a bit more elevated that what I wanted and contined climbing. Now I'm curios as to what the end dose of each will be when it's stabilized. Any ideas as to why with equal dosings, alk would be higher than what an average balanced alk to ca tank would be?
[/FONT]

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Without seeing its hard to say. If you have a clam it will consume ca fast because they are ca hogs. Once a year or so you may be just a little off and need to adjust. What do you have in your tank.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I forgot to ask what is your specific gravity at. And when you test your alk and ca. How long do you wait from dosing to testing

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I am not sure then you got me stumped. Maybe try and does alk when you go to bed then ca a couple hours later. Wait until right before it doses again to test. Only thing I can think is maybe you are just so happen to be testing in between doses.