Eshopps frag racks

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Has anyone bought these things?

I bought a couple at the swap thinking I could replace my homemade rack
that was covered in palys (damned things squirted me in the eye on Sunday).
The Eshopps rack has magnets that are barely strong enough to be refrigerator
magnets. I can't even describe how disappointed I am in these pieces of .......
garbage.

I got so tired of picking up my frags from the magnets letting go, that I just
rebuilt my homemade rack with a new piece of eggcrate. Mine is so much stronger.
I don't like using eggcrate that's why I bought the Eshopps racks.

The Eshopps racks might work well on a 10g tank if they would fit but if the glass is
any thicker than 1/8", the magnets will have a hard time holding itself up, let alone
filling it with frags.

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Someone just got one that was cracked when they got it home. They were not very impressed with Eshopps customer service. It is in the vendor feedback forum. I bought one when they first came out and it has worked great on my 75. Only time it ever lets go is when I am moving it, and I can move it around just by moving the outside magnets. It's been full of corals and in high flow the whole time. The holes for plugs could be bigger, but that is my only real complaint. It's possible they have cut back costs on magnets and the ones they use now are not strong enough.

Have the 24 frag rack one....had it on my 40breeder and didn't have any trouble with it ever falling down. I liked it.
Broke the tank down, so if anyone wants it, will trade for a nice frag let me know what you got.

jwhyne

Cleaner Shrimp
I bought one at the swap as well and am equally unimpressed. My tank is 1/2" glass and it barely holds on. If anyone has suggestions for stronger magnets please let me know.

I was also disappointed in the bag of frag plugs I bought to go in the rack.. The plug parts were all different sizes so only about half of them actually fit in the rack. Neither ones fault I suppose, just disappointing that it worked out that way.