Fish list for 4' 120g

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Didn't know that about the hawk.

I've thought about wrasses, but everybody seems to think they'll out compete the mandarins for food. Could be cool though if they won't eat all the pods.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, well here's an update on the fish I currently have in QT.

Whitetail Bristletooth tang - got lucky and Gonzo found it when he was hand picking corals earlier this week. It looks sweet.
Saddleback Butterfly - happened to get on Live Aquaria when they actually had one in stock. Beautiful colors.
Tibecan Dwarf Angel - he was a good pricewhen I ordered the butterfly. Figured if I was going to pay for shipping I should get at least 2 fish.

All of these guys are doing really good so far. Just added the tang last night. He's quite a bit bigger than the butterfly and dwarf, but they seem to be getting along just fine. Looking to add some anthias, cardinals, and some others. Not sure if I'm going to stick with the 2 big schools, or go for more variety of fish and colors. Gonzo has some insane leopard wrasses and a couple flashers that look great.

Just thought you guys might like an update.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
awesome! look forward to pics when you get around to it...

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;200338 said:
Ok, well here's an update on the fish I currently have in QT.

Whitetail Bristletooth tang - got lucky and Gonzo found it when he was hand picking corals earlier this week. It looks sweet.
Pics or it didn't happen!! ;)

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dwarf angel

Saddleback Butterfly

Whitetail Bristletooth

I'll get better pics later.

Drew

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well when I decide to go reef he'll be for sale. Probably be at least a year though.

Drew

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, few changes. As you know the butterfly died on me. Still not sure why. Anyway, here are the fish I'll have when I get the tank setup.

Whitetail Bristletooth Tang
Tibecan Dwarf Angel
Bluestripped Rabbitfish
Kleins Angel
Carpenters wrasse
Basslet
Dragonface pipefish - pair
Red Mandarin

I'm really considering putting in 1-2 other dwarf angels when I put the Tibecan in the tank. I had a couple in my 29g that got along fine, just added them at the same time. I'm going to do either a Flame or Potters. Maybe both, just haven't decided.

Remember, this is a FOWLR. A few of these guys might get to big for the tank eventually, but most should be fine. The biggest will be the rabbitfish, so when he grows I might have to find him a new home.

What order would you guys suggest I add these guys to the tank? I'm pretty much going to have them all on hand, so I can do any order but can't spread it out too long.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Since I lost a lot of fish in the QT, my list has changed.

Whitetail Bristletooth Tang - DEAD
Tibecan Dwarf Angel - DEAD
Bluestripped Rabbitfish
Kleins Angel - DEAD
Carpenters wrasse - DEAD
Basslet - DEAD
Red Mandarin

So what I was hoping to do is to do 3-4 dwarf angels with the mandarin, pipes and rabbitfish. What do you guys think about the below list?

Red Mandarin
Bluestripped Rabbitfish
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty Angel
Half black hybrid angel - been at Elite over a year

What order should I put these guys in? I can do the rabbit first, then the dwarfs. Need to wait just a bit on the mandarin and pipes as I don't have any pods yet. Going to order some to dose, but they'll need some time to populate.