For Sale: LIVE Phytoplankton! Nannochloropsis - Increase your COPEPODS

Status
Not open for further replies.
$12 for 16 oz of very dense culture of Live Nannochloropsis phytoplankton!
MASC members can purchase bottles for $10/bottle!

With MASCs support, I was able to purchase 2 more strains of phytoplankton (T. iso and T.
suecica).
If I am successful at culturing, I will be selling these at the December meeting.

• Increased copepod and zooplankton population! Great for mandarins, copperband butterflies, and other finicky eaters!
    • I have a pair of spawning blue mandarins, a red mandarin, and a dragon pipefish in a 58 gallon + fuge

• Cultured using scientifically proven techniques that increase the concentration of Highly unsaturated fatty acids (EPA and ARA).
  • The culture is very dark green
  • Increased Coral coloration
  • Increased Coral rate of growth
  • Augment the nutritional value provided by brine shrimp and rotifers!
  • Decrease ammonia, nitrates, and phosphates in a marine aquarium or rearing tank.

Buy 3 and I'll pay for shipping. Colorado shipping is NEXT DAY!
You will also receive a FREE 60mL dosing tool!

Thank you MASC for your support.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
You have a spawning pair of blue mandarins, a red, and pipes in a 58g? How long have they between together in there? There's no aggression between the Mandarins? Pics, I want to believe it, but having a hard time with it.

rockys_pride;204981 said:
You have a spawning pair of blue mandarins, a red, and pipes in a 58g? How long have they between together in there? There's no aggression between the Mandarins? Pics, I want to believe it, but having a hard time with it.
My tank lights just went off but I'll post pictures. My blue mandarins were dancing so I was trying to creep on them, the female is looking really fat(and pregnant). I won't be raising the eggs, I'll be handing them off to Andy. The eggs are quite tricky, they float to the surface and then prompty get either pushed around by my powerheads or go over my overflow. I'll try to get a picture of them together tomorrow.

I've had the male since March or April and I bough the female blue mandarin back in May I think. I bought her from Ambrosia.
The red mandarin and pipefish are a relatively new addition to my tank, maybe 3 weeks old. They are both looking pretty healthy.

I had to relocate the red mandarin to the refugium as the female blue mandarin was picking on the female red mandarin and chasing her around. I may try and reintroduce her to the DT over thanksgiving as I'll have some time away from school and I can then buy a breeders box and (hopefully) get them used to each other. The dragon pipefish also resides in the refugium. I'll grab you pictures of all of them in the next couple of days or if you are ever in Boulder, feel free to stop by.

Andrew_bram;204983 said:
I will by some pipe fish pending price

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Hey Andrew,

I think you may have misread my thread. I am not currently selling pipefish. I only sell phytoplankton at the moment.

Sean

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I didn't missread just figured it was worth a shot. For aquacultured pipefish. Anything to help our hobby. Lol

Andrew_bram;204993 said:
I didn't missread just figured it was worth a shot. For aquacultured pipefish. Anything to help our hobby. Lol

If I can manage to catch the mandarin eggs, I'll be giving them to Andy to try and raise. So there is a possibility of aquacultured blue mandarins in the future.

If I can get some pod cultures going, I'd like get another pipefish.

Note: it may take me a couple days to get a picture of the red mandarin. My refugium is a mess, and hopefully, my serpent star didnt find her and think she was a nice snack.

I snapped a photo of the pipefish, I'll try and upload it tomorrow as I'm working on some homework currently.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tell Andy to start logging in here! lol
If he doesn't want the eggs I'd love to give them a try also.

My girlfriend was quite ambitious and she took a picture of both the pipefish and mandarin in my refugium. They should be uploaded by tomorrow.

Zooid;205002 said:
Tell Andy to start logging in here! lol
If he doesn't want the eggs I'd love to give them a try also.
Hey Gale,

I'll see if I can give him a nudge. I'll be sure to give both you and Andy batches of eggs if I can catch them. They don't like to dance if I return off my return pump so I'll have to set some netting up on the overflow. You should PM me your number so I can give you a call if I catch them.

Sean

Here are photos of my mandarin and pipefish in my refugium. I should be able to upload photos of my mandarins in my DT later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.