Going for a 40 Breeder build

Thanks for the help Andrew. I see how far I can get with what I got and it wasn't a lot of money so far. If there is something I need that might be costly I let you know. If I find a job within about 3-6 months I should be OK. Its just always easy for me to feel it's worse than it really is. Just worked the same job there for a long time over 20 years, which is highly unusual these days. So its sort of hard to get use to the feeling of going out an looking again. etc.

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry to hear about the job situation. Hang in there though. 20 years with a company is truly a feat! That shows a lot of dedication and your new future employer will recognize that.
Planning for and working on your build can be a great distraction and motivator. If you can get everything setup to the point where you can add saltwater, rock, and sand (if your planning on sand) then you can just let everything cycle for awhile. Take it nice and slow and experiment with your aquascape, research livestock options, and identify opportunities for improvement with your system design that will be much easier to address in the early stages before the tank is stocked. Keep us updated and let us know what we can do to help. :)

Oh thanks Andrew. I really only need a couple of thread ends for 3/4 inch pipe, but It's probably not worth going up to you for that. If I can think of anything that might be more expensive that I need I let you know. I think the only thing I have left to do beyond the plumbing is I need some electrical conduit for a light hanger. I'd wait on that part but it needs to be fitted to the back of the stand and might be hard to get into there later.

@neil82 , Thanks for the kind words. I hope everything will be OK.. I just having a bit of a down mood lately, but I hope its just temporary.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh thanks Andrew. I really only need a couple of thread ends for 3/4 inch pipe, but It's probably not worth going up to you for that. If I can think of anything that might be more expensive that I need I let you know. I think the only thing I have left to do beyond the plumbing is I need some electrical conduit for a light hanger. I'd wait on that part but it needs to be fitted to the back of the stand and might be hard to get into there later.

@neil82 , Thanks for the kind words. I hope everything will be OK.. I just having a bit of a down mood lately, but I hope its just temporary.
Conduit may not be strong enough to hang you halide fixture.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No I been sort of down lately and lacking motivation and been distracted with the job hunt too. I got the rough plumbing done on the tank and I painted my pipes for the light holder. I just need to start gluing the plumbing and mount the light holder on the back of my stand. Then I try to do some plumbing at least enough to get salt water up to the tank.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry to hear about your job situation. If you need some work for the summer, I am looking for some people. It isn’t engineering related but it is a good way to make some money. It’s a sales position. Let me know if you are interested.