Hoosier Daddy's 180

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;165342 said:
How long did it take for your pukani rock to cure, and did you add any other live rock/sand to it?

The reason why I am asking is because I just received an order from BRS and am in the process of rebuilding my tank, and was reading last night that it can take up to 6 months to fully cure and stop releasing phosphates into the water.
not sure about pukani but my marco rock only took a couple of weeks. I used bacteria to dose and instant cycle live sand too though. Still having issues with SPS but everything else is doing great in my tank and it's been 6-7 weeks since I set it up from scratch.

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;165342 said:
How long did it take for your pukani rock to cure, and did you add any other live rock/sand to it?

The reason why I am asking is because I just received an order from BRS and am in the process of rebuilding my tank, and was reading last night that it can take up to 6 months to fully cure and stop releasing phosphates into the water.
It could be still leaching phosphates into my tank not sure. I am battling cyano right now but it is slowly going away, not sure if that is the culprit or if that is a normal phase with algae. Martin is right it took my tank 6 weeks to cycle. Curing is a different matter though. I never used any live rock as I wanted no hitchhikers. Hopefully this helped ya.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hoosier Daddy;165407 said:
It could be still leaching phosphates into my tank not sure. I am battling cyano right now but it is slowly going away, not sure if that is the culprit or if that is a normal phase with algae. Martin is right it took my tank 6 weeks to cycle. Curing is a different matter though. I never used any live rock as I wanted no hitchhikers. Hopefully this helped ya.
My DT has no cyano but a couple of days ago I noticed some in my sump. I started from scratch to avoid hitchhikers too and guess what I found in the sump... -_- 2 aiptasia... I am stunned

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hoosier Daddy said:
Some new additions over the past few weeks. Can't get good pics with the LEDs.
That's a good looking sailfin.

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;173255 said:
How is the tank coming along man? Got any full tank shots you want share?
Sorry I have been really busy lately. I was in Steamboat over the weekend for a tournament for my son's baseball team.

Tank has been coming along great. I am not battling any cyano any more. I added a few pieces of coral and a flame angel over the last couple of weeks. I will try and post up some FTS.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hoosier Daddy;173270 said:
Sorry I have been really busy lately. I was in Steamboat over the weekend for a tournament for my son's baseball team.

Tank has been coming along great. I am not battling any cyano any more. I added a few pieces of coral and a flame angel over the last couple of weeks. I will try and post up some FTS.
All I heard was blah blah blah pics brah pics just joking!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2