Hurrafreaks 120

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
hmmmmm

carpet anemone + seahorses = expensive meal
can't wait to see pics of it.
I need to get rid of a green bubble tip and a rose bubble tip before they kill my montiporas lol.

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Juan you got all of my corals!

In the paly pic, you have acid drops on the top, Magicians on the bottom, and the favia in the last pic is a frag of World Wide Corals' Nuclear Freeze Favia!

the tank is looking good man! it has come a long way!
Cheers~!
Jon

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
the star polyps were on the rock that the GTBA was attached to when i traded for the tank they are very incognito. do you still have the acans and the frog spawn i traded you

hopefully it was on a protected circuit and didn't do any harm to the fish and corals

wicked demon;48155 said:
as long as there is a ground it shouldn't matter, right?:confused:
If the product has a three-prong grounding type plug,is a GFCI still necessary?
A GFCI is necessary even if the product has a third wire to ground it. A GFCI provides very sensitive protection to consumers against electric shock hazards. Under some conditions, a shock hazard could still exist even if a product has a grounding wire.

from this site http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/lpc/safety_edu/safety_qa.htm

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also, a ground doesn't work in the case of an exposed wire (something eating through a powerhead cord under water). Im lucky to have a GFCI. I probably wouldn't be standing here today. Juan, you might be lucky the ballast fried before you got to it.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know a gfic is need to protect the circuit, and socket, but, in theory (barring unseen randomness), if it is grounded- it wont shock? It is in the name~ground fault indicator~ right?

wicked demon;48187 said:
I know a gfic is need to protect the circuit, and socket, but, in theory (barring unseen randomness), if it is grounded- it wont shock? It is in the name~ground fault indicator~ right?
ground fault circuit interrupter

not if you provide a better ground current will travel in the path of least resistance

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
thats what I needed to know~it makes more sense to me now~thanks mike!!!
(whats the likelyhood anything will ground better than a 10 ft copper rod?)