led lighting for rsm130d, radion 15, hydra 26 or?

It looks like I can fit the small radion 15 or hydra 26 in the top of the Red sea max 130d where the old t5 was with slight modification. Using the apex, what is the best light option for this? any advice is appreciated.

rjl45

Clown Fish
I personally like the nanobox led arrays. The spectrum blend is one of the best out there, in my humble opinion. Dave is releasing the V3.1 array in a couple weeks which can be run on 5 channels for fine tuning the colors. The retro kits he sells easily fit into any existing hood. Just my $0.02. Lots of options out there.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I've have had good luck with the Hydra52's, they also have good support and customer service. I think the 26's are a great choice, I will say that I did like the coloring better when I raised the led's off the surface of the water a bit. They were like 4 inches off the water, now like 10....eliminates that spotlighting effect. Not sure if you can do that while maintaining the stock hood of the RSM130

Thanks! I am too busy and poor to do anything cool yet so it's still stock hood lighting with a vertex strip. I would be concerned with spotlighting and might have to go lidless.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
There are retro fit kits already made for the rsm130. I had one with one of stevesled kits or something and I loved it. It grew everything I put under it.

quackenbush

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I second the Nanobox Quad but if you are looking to retrofit something into the existing hood, I don't believe Dave has a Quad retro kit on the shelf, but if you email him, I bet he will send you one.

I love my nanobox mini retro on my JBJ cube.