Magnesium

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know this subject has been discussed before but searching this site can become cumbersome.

Who doses Magnesium and buys the stuff locally?
Where do you buy it?

I know Bulk Reef Supply and Buckeyefieldsupply are good sources for online supplements
but I want a local source if any knows of one.

Thanks

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
you might call JB Sanders in boulder and there is a place downtown that sells it, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

Try this place...
http://www.sciencecompany.com/

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Epsom salts are good for those people who do regular water changes but I need to mix epsom with Magnesium Chloride or find a source for Magnesium hexahydrate.

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
gale I can make you up a gallon from BRS if you need me to. the reason mag. is important is it is not a building block for corals. however, it helps you keep your alk. and cal. in line. and not dispersing out. Just remember that anytime you dose, any sediment form whatever you dose stays in your aquarium. so you want to mix up mag. so that it is completely dissolved with no sediment. that is why I think BRS is the best. It mixes perfectly and never any sediment.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Tony but I need a bunch of it just to get my magnesium back in line.
It's below 1000 right now so it'll take a buttload to get back up.

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gale,
I wish you had said something the other day--I have a five-gallon bucket of Mag Chloride from BRS. If you want to make the trip back again, we can work something out.

Gale,

I buy my Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate from Costco. It is Safe Step Brand Ice Melt. They might be out of it now as they are gearing up for Spring Planting Season and probably cleared out all their winter stuff. If you want some, I can bring some to the MASC event in trade for any corals you might have. I'm always looking for more acros or a pair of clowns....

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That'll probably be my next big expense hehe.
I bought 4 MP-40's and a six unit AI fixture......a calcium reactor shouldn't be too bad now :D

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
LOL....my tank is pretty ghetto.
When I decide to upgrage, I'll have some good stuff to go in it though hehe.