Mike and Cindys nano build

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
H2O_intolerant;221323 said:
That's because you "PFFFT" a lot, trolololololo
LOL. Issokay, man. Go ahead. I think I might just bring an extra $50 or so along to the next meeting to drown you out of the raffles.

majicmike;221427 said:
lmao at a boy!
Hehehe... laugh it up at the girl who cooks for you. You SURE those are *just* refried beans, or did I add a special ingredient?

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Suzanne Lynn;221327 said:
So the top of the stand is going to have tile on it right? So is that to protect the stand or will it also be a little bit visible underneath the tank?
A 55 gal stand is 13" front to back, and 48" long. The nano is 8" front to back, and 44" long.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Got the stand primered and painted the 1st coat of black. Discovered that I had accidentally grabbed semigloss black instead of satin black, and was too lazy to go back to the store to exchange it, so it's shiny. Also got the skimmer and a fancy timer that replaces a normal light switch. Ordered two seahorse door pulls.
HUGE thank you to Kalgra, the man with possibly the sickest fishroom in all of Denver, who donated some killer rocks and an awesome purple sps from the 'lotion' tank, which is recovering beautifully. (Can't wait to see your big tank up and running. Please don't let anyone moisturize it.)

[attachment=63530:name]

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Mike and Cindys nano build

Great job! I can't wait to see it under the lights and filled with water.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CindyL;221431 said:
LOL. Issokay, man. Go ahead. I think I might just bring an extra $50 or so along to the next meeting to drown you out of the raffles.

Hehehe... laugh it up at the girl who cooks for you. You SURE those are *just* refried beans, or did I add a special ingredient?
I think I may have to combine my raffle ticket buying power with Jamie's, mwahahhahaahaha! ;) ¿Qué piensas acerca de que mi hombre hermoso?

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
Wow Cindy, really beautiful!!

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
It's plumbed! No water in it yet, because the electrician comes in the morning to hang the pendant lights over it. THEN we can put water in it. And put the doors on it.

I forgot to thank Chelly and Eric for coming over yesterday and helping me paint the stand! And I love Chelly's idea to leave the back supports unpainted. They match the floors just like you thought, and give a little bit of interest to that part of the tank, rather than just being a black wall.

[attachment=63538:name]

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
projectx;221564 said:
Looks great, but do you need to have some foam under the tank to keep a level surface under it ?
I doubt it. It's only 11 gallons. We're going to make sure the stand is level, however.

Suzanne Lynn;221553 said:
eh scratch that.... ^^^^ I LOVE!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Suzanne Lynn;221574 said:
cant wait to see pics! is there going to be a hood on the tank?
Nope. There will be a clear acrylic cover to keep the fish from doing potato chip impersonations, but that's it.