Mike & Sara's 55g Reef Build

Guess I should have started this awhile ago but I will at least post pics in succession that way you can see the progress. The first post (picture) will be the oldest etc. As of the date of this post, all fish are in QT to kill the ich (finally!) and are doing good. The QT is a new 20g. :D Enjoy.

3-28-08

12-8-08 New rock structure, new heater. Yea!

Not sure of exact date (late 08?).Transition to a wet/dry. Added a chiller.

Placed skimmer in sump, removed canister filter.Added a Hydor Koralia #4. Dec 08?

1/9/09 Set up QT after I lost a Kole Tang.

Acquired these by trade.

10-13-09

Timers, new Rio Hyperflow pump, added chaeto to sump etc..10-17-09

12-2-09

12-4-09

roto

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very nice! The hole in the scape on the lower right goes all the way through? I love caves, overhangs and all that stuff. Isn't it cool how the shrimp hangs upside-down? I second the nice look of the black and white sand too.

Thank you. I was about to checkout with a frag rack in the cart on Dr. Foster&Smith when I realized I had some left over acrylic. I can build it! Works good and fairly discreet.

New Aquarium Club

I am proud to say there is a new aquarium club in the west!!! It literally began like three days ago...www.wsaconline.com Spread the word and if you know of anybody out west (Colorado) send em this way. Also, feel free to join as well. I am a member of both forums to keep good communication throughout CO but this is a much needed club on the Western Slope. :D

Check it out if you get a chance. My cousin and I made a logo for the site. Also thank you MASC for reaching out to our little club/forum for any support we may need.

Also, I will post some pics of my new frags and updated pics of my tank on here or you can go to my build thread on www.wsaconline.com too.

Here are a few pics of the completed upgrades. New refugium, skimmer, phosban reactor, canopy and just installed the spraybar for the fuge. Now we sit and wait.:)