1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

mikejrice's 30 Gallon Innovative Marine

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by mikejrice, Apr 14, 2014.

1. mebeknob

mebeknob Copepod

Great looking tank!
    [​IMG]

What are these corals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geekengineer and mikejrice like this.
  2. mikejrice

mikejrice Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

1 "Pink Boobies" chalice
    2 "Original Mummy Eye" chalice
    3 "Melting Pot" chalice
    4 "Bubblegum Monster" chalice

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Roxborough Reefer and mebeknob like this.
  3. mikejrice

My tank is finally starting to look natural to me after moving things around quite a bit. It's amazing how much that can throw off your perception for awhile. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

geekengineer likes this.
  4. mikejrice

Recently my JF "Crazy Fox" underwent the strangest color change (first picture below). No real changes to speak of that would have caused it, but it still seems healthy and I kind of like the new colors. It might just be a sign that it's time to trim down the gorgonian again... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. mikejrice

Not sure what my "Pink Boobies" chalice is up to but it sure is going to be interesting to watch. Anyone seen a chalice droop down like this? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

geekengineer, NickP and Haddonisreef like this.
  6. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Lol maybe just old age, and the boobies are starting to droop :D

7. mikejrice

Last week a blizzard came through Colorado and knocked out power to my tank. After over two days without full power (it had some generator power for essentials) it couldn’t bounce back and finally crashed today. A couple of things made it out, but not much. It was a fun journey, but it looks like this is the end of this story.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Oh man, I’m sorry to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

9. ReefCheif

ReefCheif Shark Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

10. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Big bummer! Sorry to hear that man. Was a great tank while it lasted!

geekengineer likes this.
  11. geekengineer

geekengineer Copepod

That sucks to have that happen. :( That storm really did a number on some people.

12. ShroomLagoon

ShroomLagoon Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Was a great tank, sorry for the loss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

geekengineer likes this.
  13. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Always enjoyed your photo updates sorry to hear about this.

geekengineer likes this.
  14. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Crap! So sorry. Happened to me a few years ago, really hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

geekengineer likes this.
  15. Dub_G

Dub_G Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Sorry to hear that it crashed. When I was in the store the first day you guys reopened I could see it wasn't happy. I was hoping it would pull through.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MASC mobile app

16. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Man that sucks. Loved your pictures and enjoyed the updates. I’m sorry to hear this.

17. DyM

DyM Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

@mikejrice My tank hasn't been up that long but I have a pice of jack-o-lantern leptoseris I can give you. Also, if that top back yellowish coral is psammocora, I have a piece of that too. Let me know. It may be a chalice. Hope you rebuild that tank as it was absolutely gorgeous