New cube build

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I listened to everyone tell me I may have too many fish for a 30 gallon. I originally went to the 30 gallon from a 10 gallon nano lol because I had 2 clowns in it and felt bad. Now I have 4 small fish in a 30 gallon and still feel bad. Now I am buying a 60 gallon cube! Got a good deal on a reef ready acrylic cube. I will buy it later this week and set it up. I won't transfer my stock anytime soon, I will let it cycle properly and go through the brown algae cycle before I transfer my fish. I won't add anymore fish than I have. At least for 6 months+. Anyway I will post pics in this thread and post my progress for anyone who cares to look. Wish me luck! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have 4 fish in my BC29 and they are doing great, with no bio-load issues at all.

I do wish I could get the 75 I have in my garage up and running. Then I would have tons of extra room for fishys...

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol, fast upgrades. Are you keeping them all going or consolidating into the 60? Glad to hear that you're planning on taking it slow this time around. Keep us posted on the progress with plenty if pics...brah!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;93049 said:
Lol, fast upgrades. Are you keeping them all going or consolidating into the 60? Glad to hear that you're planning on taking it slow this time around. Keep us posted on the progress with plenty if pics...brah!

Well i didn't really want to spend more money on a new upgrade already but if 30 gallons isn't enough for the fish then it needs to be done. Hopefully this is the last upgrade. I have no idea what my floors can handle

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well the cube I wanted turned out to be a flop... The acrylic was all scratched to hell. I was trying to avoid buying one for 600+ but looks like that's the route I will have to take. Sure there are rectangle ones for far less but I want a cube darn it...

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am sure that something will come up if you are patient, and even the most scratched acrylic can be buffed out pretty easily.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I would have buffed minor stuff but this was bad scratched lol like fingernail stopping deep. I will hold out for a good deal. Though glass cages website has some alright deals. Anyone ever get anything from them? I'm afraid the "get what you pay for" will leave me with a flooded living room in a year lol

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;93171 said:
I am sure that something will come up if you are patient, and even the most scratched acrylic can be buffed out pretty easily.
Well I said I wanted a cube but found a great deal on a brand new acrylic 55 gallon tank with stand. It came with some T8 ballast that I won't use but the rest of it is sweet. Maybe I should start a new thread since it isn't a cube...

[attachment=59768:name]

sugaree

Cleaner Shrimp
I would make sure to remove all the bristle worms from your live rock before transfering everything over. I hear they scratch acrylic really bad. lol, jk. Nice tank.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
sugaree;93435 said:
I would make sure to remove all the bristle worms from your live rock before transfering everything over. I hear they scratch acrylic really bad. lol, jk. Nice tank.
LOL! You're evil :p besides I got them all out last week rofl

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;93446 said:
Even better than a cube. You can edit your first post and change the title BTW.

Eh didn't work, it only fixed my first post lol I mainly wanted the cube so I wouldn't have to buy a second LED

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice find. I like the cubes or at least DD tanks, but that one looks great.

BTW. I have 7 fish and they were all in a 20 gallon without any issues. My wife keeps yelling at my saying there are not enough fish. I have at least 7 more fish I want to get for the 40 gallon (Hawkfish, Goby, 2+ Chromis, 2 Dartfish, and Wrasse).

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
othercents;93521 said:
Nice find. I like the cubes or at least DD tanks, but that one looks great.

BTW. I have 7 fish and they were all in a 20 gallon without any issues. My wife keeps yelling at my saying there are not enough fish. I have at least 7 more fish I want to get for the 40 gallon (Hawkfish, Goby, 2+ Chromis, 2 Dartfish, and Wrasse).
The best part is I can still use that sump you gave me.

I will add fish in a couple of months but will go slow. I really want a pygmy cherub angel but some say they pick at coral. So I will have to see lol. A tang would be cool but then there's the tang police always ready to strike! xD

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;93534 said:
The best part is I can still use that sump you gave me.
You could, but if it was me I would get a larger tank for a sump. Maybe 20g Long or 29g so you can get a skimmer inside the sump. Placing the overflows in a glass tank isn't hard either and you can use acrylic as long as you don't put too much stress on the baffles (IE fill all chambers evenly and always use an ATO). I like my 10G sump design, but just needs to be a larger sump to fit a skimmer. Keep in mind that sump was built for a 20L and it is possible that the siphon from a 55g tank when the pump turns off can cause it to overflow.

Denvercherub;93534 said:
I will add fish in a couple of months but will go slow. I really want a pygmy cherub angel but some say they pick at coral. So I will have to see lol. A tang would be cool but then there's the tang police always ready to strike! xD
Yeah you should be cautious with all angels. I haven't lost anything but one acan that might have been dead anyways, but if more things disappear I will have to put cameras up.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
othercents;93539 said:
You could, but if it was me I would get a larger tank for a sump. Maybe 20g Long or 29g so you can get a skimmer inside the sump.
I will actually have the skimmer in the wet/dry then a pump from the wet/dry to the sump. Though I may just go with a larger sump too. Right now I'm just excited lol I will settle down and make a rational choice soon.