New tank build recommendations

fonduecat

Cleaner Shrimp
I'm finally getting the chance to get a bigger tank in the coming months, but am looking for recommendations on brands/builders.

I'm looking to get a 75+ gallon tank but the hardest part has been trying to find a decent stand. I was curious if anyone had a CAD Lights tank, what type of quality is the stand?

Mostly, we want something a little more solid than MDF that comes with some Nuvo and JBJ tanks. I've been debating if it would be worth it to get a stand built so it would have more of a solid wood look and feel. Let me know if you have any recommendations!

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Make a stand or have one built. I have never seen a stand from a retailer that looked "nice" that didn't triple the cost of the build. Or if it looked nice there would be a flaw in the dimensions, like the canopy wouldn't be tall enough or something. I took the standard pine stand that came with my tank and skinned the outside with real wood and stained it to match other furniture in the room (I beefed up the inside of the stand as well while I was at it). I know there are a few really talented wood workers on MASC who would build you a stand to your exact dimensions, specs, and budget. Might be worth asking... Just my opinion though.