NEW tank

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok i picked up my new tank on friday. and i want to log the build it will probably be a slow one i want to get everything done right before i get water in it so i can minamize the amount of stuff i need to do after it is wet. I posted a pic of the tank in my garage after i got it home...It is HEAVY! and TALL i will have to figure out something with the height as it is about 10in taller then my basement ceiling......i will update with demensions later today.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea it would be best i think as i have a aqua medic 2x250w MH and 2.54w t5..I just really like the finished look the canopy gives.The canopy also covers the two sides up which the sides are a little scratched up so having them covered is kind of nice but it limits the viewing to only the front of the tank.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
if you know someone with a table saw you could either take a little off the top of the canopy or the stand.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea that might be what i do....or just try and build a new canopy.....what do you use to buff an acrylic tank??

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea i got a really good deal on the tank i just had to drive a little ways to get it and now i have to figure out how i am going to move it to my basement alone......the tank is light compared to the solid inch of granit it sits on.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
tlsrcs;133058 said:
yea i got a really good deal on the tank i just had to drive a little ways to get it and now i have to figure out how i am going to move it to my basement alone......the tank is light compared to the solid inch of granit it sits on.
Glad you got his tank :). You are never alone in this forum, ask and you shall receive.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yea i am happy too. i did not realize how tall it was before i got it home......i am having deep thoughts on how to scape it...partly cause i want some higher light corals so i need stacks to almost the top..... Well if anyone wants to volunteer to help move this beast me and my back would greatly appreciate it..

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ok i will look into that the front looks pretty good just one scratch that i can see. its really just the sides really.......

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
haha well that is where i am trying to fit in into.....but my girl friend really wants a shorter tank. She likes to feed the fish and this tank i can barley reach the topp.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
i dont know yet...i love the way this tank looks. how complete it look not just a tank on a stand. and the fact that it is plastic is nice cause i usually am alone when it comes to moving stuff...but in all reality i would like a shorter wider tank but not really alot longer.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is a good looking tank. I read through the post but didn't see any tank info? How many gallons, etc?

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
oh yea i spaced on getting those posted i will measure when i get home..i beleive its around 112gallons.

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bummer it doesn't fit man, sorry about that. If you need to you can cut the kick plate down 3", and pop the bottom trim off the canopy then trim off some of the bottom, and reapply the trim. You should be able to find the 7" you need. Other than that you may just have to find someone with a table saw, but nothing that 12er I saved you can't fix. Good luck on the build!

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
just a little update on the tank i moved it down to my basement...it was not easy but a dolly and my GF helped alot. so here it is still in pieces but i tested lights they work but need new bulbs and the little giant pump did not kick on but i took it apart and it was pretty incrusted with gunk....so i will probably get arpund to the plumbing next week after i pick up my new sump (stock tank) tank from hurrafreak. I am also going to make some rock to put in it. Well i should say try to make some rock i picked up some crushed oyster shells today and ill get the portland cement and sand from HD tomorrow. so let me know what you think so far any suggestions or comments welcome.

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Glad to see you got it in the basement. Sorry the pump was so encrusted. However in my experience you owe your girl for the help! Plus the more you thank her , the more she will be willing to help in the future.