Orange growth on snail?

Anyone know what this growth may be on my snail? Could it be a mini coral starting to grow? :D Wishful thinking lol

If I interpreted this correctly you are referring to the tube like growth on the right of the snail. In this case that is an encrusting tube worm. In general not a positive or negative thing.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep. Vermetid snail.

There have been some recent studies suggesting that the snails may slow SPS growth (by stealing food, and covering them with their mucus). However, they are generally accepted among most reefs as nothing to worry about and a normal part of your tank.

I don't believe it's a vermerid snail, it seems as though the picture illustrates it as more circular in shape whereas vermerids are primarily more strait in growth.In addition they usually lack a curly base as seen here. I have the same encrusting worm as pictured above on all my rock and snails. It seems relatively harmless.

Roger that! Thought it was interesting to see it grow. Started as a small orange dot on his shell about a month ago and now it is large enough for me to get a pic so I thought I would ask the community :D Thanks!