Ph probe ?

mikea213

Cleaner Shrimp
Ok so I got a question. So I have a total of 3 ph probes on my tank one on my reactor one in the tank and the other in the tank but I use that to check the flow coming out of the reactor once a month. So I use the Pinpoint cal solution set the probes up and put them in the tank. One reads 7.8 and the one on the reefkeeper reads 7.98. I know for sure using 2 different ph test kits my tanks at 8.3. Could it be the cal solution? I'm worried since I have been having alk swings and the one says 6.5ph in the reactor wondering if it's reading low when it high. Any ideas??

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you have both 7 and 10 cal solutions? did you check all 3 of your probes with the solution?
I know last time I calibrated I had to go from the 7 to the 10 and back and forth about 3 times to each until both of them read 7 and 10, rinsing the probe in RO water when going from one solution to the other

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Do you have both 7 and 10 cal solutions? did you check all 3 of your probes with the solution?
I know last time I calibrated I had to go from the 7 to the 10 and back and forth about 3 times to each until both of them read 7 and 10, rinsing the probe in RO water when going from one solution to the other

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
mikea213;156114 said:
Ok so I got a question. So I have a total of 3 ph probes on my tank one on my reactor one in the tank and the other in the tank but I use that to check the flow coming out of the reactor once a month. So I use the Pinpoint cal solution set the probes up and put them in the tank. One reads 7.8 and the one on the reefkeeper reads 7.98. I know for sure using 2 different ph test kits my tanks at 8.3. Could it be the cal solution? I'm worried since I have been having alk swings and the one says 6.5ph in the reactor wondering if it's reading low when it high. Any ideas??
The reactor pH probe is right, your others could be too. The low pH is what breaks down the media in your reactor.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would use calibration solution 4 and 10. It give you a better calibration. Also you should check them with 4 or 7 from time to time. Also is they won't calibrate but get close, soak the prob in solution 4 for a day or so sometimes gets it back in balance. JME.

Martin.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mikea213

Cleaner Shrimp
I have used all three. I use 7 & 10 on the reefkeeper since that's what they call for and 4 & 7 on the Milwaukee for the reactor and the other just 7 since its a single set. I let them set for a sec and then adj to what # there in. I just know its saying my tank is 7.8 and I know it's around 8.3 and I have cal the probes about 3 times now