Picture of the day!

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;276717 said:
A camera

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
i knew someone was going to be the wise *** lol but i mean like do you use macro lenses or what i have a nikon DS 3100 but i have not been able to get get close up pics with my 18-55mm lens and my 55-200mm len can not focus to take pictures of anything closer then like 15 feet away

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use a sony A350 with my 75-200 f4 and a 2x adapter or extension tubes. Always in a tripod with remote and no flow in tank. Also try to remove all extrenal sources of light and just use the tank lights. I usually have to edit in Photoshop because of LEDs

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
The editing seems to be a big issue for me. I do not have, or know how to use for that matter, photoshop, but the the colors never show up true to life using the freeware editing tools.

Maybe it is time to buy and learn photoshop.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blindrage;276726 said:
The editing seems to be a big issue for me. I do not have, or know how to use for that matter, photoshop, but the the colors never show up true to life using the freeware editing tools.

Maybe it is time to buy and learn photoshop.

You shoot in raw and use photoshop to handle the white balance.

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks. I will look into Lightroom.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Besides using lightroom, also learn how to set your camera's white balance. Lightroom is limited in how much you can adjust your photos....and I had some trouble getting natural looking photos under blue LEDs. Setting the WB before you take the picture can produce images taken under all blue LEDs that appear to have been taken in "daylight".

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yellow Sea Whip

OPen 23 hours a day [attachment=65402:name]

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yellow Sea Whip

Stays open 23 hours a day

[attachment=65403:name]

Nice shot. More! More! I love seeing other members' tanks. Always gives me good ideas

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
[attachment=65511:name] Beautiful Blue Candy Cane. 2 Heads 10 weeks ago and 4 heads now. The way it eats it will take over the tank in a year.

Last edited by a moderator:

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very confused naked clown fish

[attachment=65516:name] He'll host anything that moves but prefers the Duncan.

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Killer (he thinks) shrimp. Hangs under a rock all day and tries to catch anything going by. No luck so far in 8 months.[attachment=65531:name]