Plugging back into the matrix...

...of aquariums...but hoping to keep it "in check" this time around. I'm merely starting up a picotope.

Long story short, I've been overseas for the past 8 years, but was a pretty serious aquarium hobbyist before I left. My first cichlid tank lead to various grow out tanks (I think at max I had 15 going), then to SW...then to a bubble burst when I accepted a job based in China. I sold off what I could and gave the rest away just days before boarding a plane.

A few months after returning to the USA, I've decided to setup a pico. Funny thing is, as my wife and I look at houses to buy, I cant help but think about the possibilities of a "fish room" behind an in wall tank while we take the tour.

Kinda have long-term plans for this to be the first rock in a 125...and consider it my "fix" for now while we're doing the apartment living thing. I've been through the whole 10 to 20L to 30 to 55 already. LOL. Immediate plans while my wife and I continue finding a house:

On order, an AC 70, to be delivered next week. I'll work with that a bit as the tank cycles.
Once I get that set, I'll work on some LEDs. I already have a nice plan in mind for a fixture to fit them in.

[attachment=66400:name]

I've never been a fan of bare bottom tanks, but decided I'll keep this one until I have a larger tank setup within a couple months. I'm only planning to keep 3x sexy shrimp and maybe a couple rubble rocks with some zoas. I like the idea of keeping it simple for now...as I'm sure I'll get quite busy once my wife and I get a house sorted out.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Welcome back to the crack house

Crack is right. Good luck with the minimalist plan. That never holds true once my ocd sets in. And welcome back

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good to see someone getting back into the hobby/obsession/all-consuming endeavor. I, myself am also looking for a new place to hang my hat and one of the three criteria for a place is a fish room and it's proving a challenge here in the mountains. Best of luck in your search!

Oh, and welcome to MASC! :yo: